Whats wrong with my Aeon ?
Hi

I recently had a problem with my PC so I had to reinstall XP. I installed XBMC and added Aeon to the skin folder. For some reason the fonts on the main menu are really small any idea's ?.

Also what add ons do you guys recommend that I should install ?.

Thanks,
I'm not sure which version your using but there are two sets of fonts the old ones and the new ones which ever ones you are using they are the wrong ones
My problem is exactly the opposite.
My menu items are way to big. As well as the text in settings menu and such.
I'm using Auriga with the latest SVN build of xbmc.
I have download the fonts refered to in this post.

Here is a screenshot of my main menu:

As you can see, the menu items are to large. They even started scrolling behind each other.

I hope somebody can help me out.
Kremx Wrote:My problem is exactly the opposite.

As you can see, the menu items are to large. They even started scrolling behind each other.

You don´t have the needed fonts in your skin directory.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Kremx Wrote:My problem is exactly the opposite.

Screenshot

Can you link me the correct ones? Because I DO have font in my skin directory.

Edit: Nevermind, fond the correct set myself now.

Maybe an idea to edit the FAQ then?
please share your wisdom with me - i have the Aeon_Fonts260409.zip fonts folder in my skin directory but it wont work Sad
The fonts I used are these:
http://www.xbmcfreak.nl/wp-content/uploa...160709.zip
I have that same thing happen but i use the fonts from Aeon65 and it fixes it.
I'd appreciate if you could share a step-by-step resolution of your problem, since I'm encountering the exact same issue and cannot get it solved.

Here's what I did:

- I'm running Windows 7 x64
- I installed XBMC 9.11 alpha in c:\program files (x86)\xbmc
- I downloaded the AEON skin and unpacked the files in c:\program files (x86)\xbmc\skin\Aeon
- I downloaded the fonts and unpacked the files in c:\program files (x86)\xbmc\skin\Aeon\fonts

No matter what I try, I get the same oversized, arial-style result Confused

So help would be highly appreciated !
Well, did you used the fonts I linked you to? Or the fonts linked in the post above yours?

If so, then I don't know how to resolve your problem.
But maybe you should try the latest stable release because I think I have read somewhere that Aeon doesn't work correctly with the latest Alpha. Correct me if I'm wrong though.
Aeon does not work with the latest alpha build as far as i know.

here's what i did after i got upset with the font problem:
used that fancy installer script http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=56423

This not only provided me with the very last svn release but also installed me the showmix version Smile
clandestino Wrote:I'd appreciate if you could share a step-by-step resolution of your problem, since I'm encountering the exact same issue and cannot get it solved.

Here's what I did:

- I'm running Windows 7 x64
- I installed XBMC 9.11 alpha in c:\program files (x86)\xbmc
- I downloaded the AEON skin and unpacked the files in c:\program files (x86)\xbmc\skin\Aeon
- I downloaded the fonts and unpacked the files in c:\program files (x86)\xbmc\skin\Aeon\fonts

No matter what I try, I get the same oversized, arial-style result Confused

I am having the same issue.

I have tried fonts from the wiki as well as the fonts posted in this thread. I have also tried two moire things with the fonts.
Additional 1) Registered then with Windows7
Additional 2) Copied the fonts into the c:\program files (x86)\xbmc
- I downloaded the AEON skin and unpacked the files in c:\program files (x86)\xbmc\media\fonts location

I am not sure what else to do, with the fonts messed up kind of makes it a little odd looking right now.
well, the fonts listed here solved my oversized aeon fonts, so thanks for that. running aeon 36279f from xbmc skins page link and camelot. for some reason though, i get a lot of question marks where there should be meta logos (some are there, some are not), is anyone else experiencing that with camelot? or is aeon updated for the new camelot beta 1?

edit: the question bubbles appear to be placholders when no tag log exists (e.g. bluray, xvid, etc.) for the particular file. would be better to be just be empty I think but at least I solved that one. mouse doesn't appear to work in aeon though (I have it enabled) and the skin in general doesn't appear as user friendly as new default as I can't find which key to go to shutdown menu. But I love the showcase movies view!
I had the same problem with the supersized fonts on the main screen.

I fixed it by changing the font to Aeon Crylic in the settings screen where you change the skin, etc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Whats wrong with my Aeon ?0