Video Issues
I've been attempting to revive a few 'dead' plugins which has led me to numerous new video sharing sites and have learned that the majority of web content doesn't appear to work with XBMC. I know there are several threads related to specific issues with individual share sites, but it seems that very few people have (publicly) announced many successes with viewing videos from from sites besides a couple of those supported by voinage's plugins. It seems that even the majority of his plugins have holes which leak desirable content. The goal of this post is not to point out the flaws in other people's plugins but to see if anyone has found resolution for some of the issues I have run into.

Bellow is a list of well known and (generally) trustworthy web sharing sites who's content I have been unable to consistently play with even the simplest of plugins:

- Stagevu
- Youtube
- Youku (in the US): This can be resolved by using anonymous proxies but XBMC doesn't appear to allow a proxy to be passed as a listitem parameter.
- zshare
- VReel
- CrunchyRoll: I've only ever encountered a couple videos of interest from this provider, but it still doesn't seem to work very well.
- GUBA: I've run into plugins in the past which have been able to play the majority of content from this provider, but I can't seem to recall which can
- Yahoo!Video
- Google Video: I've seen music video plugins that are able to run content from this provider without issue but most Movie or TV plugins tend to fail

I am not having problems parsing videos from these providers (thanks to Voinage's tips) but once I add a directory item passing that link it never seems to play. I have dug through the logs for countless hours but can't seem to get any useful information from them.

Is there anyone that has been able to successfully play video from these hosts?

Setup info:
2.6GHz Intel P4 with 512 of RAM running XBMCLive (+plugins) installed on 40GB IDE HD.

Edit: Forgot to mention movshare

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Issues0