Music Library Genres & Scraped Info Schema?
If I am incorrect in any of my observations I apologize. The current schema for the Music Library seems be such that only the Genre tag in the media files gets populated to the Genre node at scan time. When scraping artist and album information, most of the scrapers return a lot of additional text/keyword tags that could be useful, but these tags are completely inaccessible from a browsing perspective, and don't appear to cross-connect to any other nodes. In short, there's a bunch of info there, but no way to use it.

I believe it should at least be a GUI option to apply the scraped tag information globally to all tracks and albums associated with an artist. Since the Genre node already exists, it shouldn't be too horrible to patch the functionality into that node first and work out the kinks. Then if things go well, it could be possible to also add similar global nodes for other stuff like "Moods", "Styles", and "Themes".

From the end user perspective this would make XBMC much cooler because you could actually do stuff like "show me all the sad songs I have in my Library", which is a very powerful and intuitive way to look at your music.
Catchy Signature Here
it has my -1 until we have control over a music backend. too much crap listed that we cannot correct.
You mean like better user control over the nodes in the database? Or better control over the tag data provided to XBMC?
Catchy Signature Here
data
Yeah I was thinking about it, and it would be nice to be able to modify and add to just the normal Genre node in the Library via the GUI, removing unwanted entries or correcting typos and whatnot. Sorry to pester you guys in the Development forum about it...
Catchy Signature Here

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Library Genres & Scraped Info Schema?0