Apple Remote, Candelair, OS X 10.6.2
davilla Wrote:Did you reinstall Candelair ?

Yes. I uninstalled Candelair, tried the remote, didn't work, reinstalled Candelair, tried the remote, didn't work. It will work with OSX if I activate the leopard compatibility mode but not if that mode is deactivated.

Thanks in advance for the help.
hey58 Wrote:Yes. I uninstalled Candelair, tried the remote, didn't work, reinstalled Candelair, tried the remote, didn't work. It will work with OSX if I activate the leopard compatibility mode but not if that mode is deactivated.

Thanks in advance for the help.

What's the leopard compatibility mode?
Candelair is _not_ needed on 10.6.2. Just uninstall it (reboot needed). Then launch up xbmc, check if remote works and pastebin xbmc.log if it doesn't.

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Apple Remote still doesn't work after I removed Candelair and rebooted. xbmc.log at address below. Sorry if that is a bad pastebin site. My first try Huh

http://pastebin.com/m43593759
hey58 Wrote:Apple Remote still doesn't work after I removed Candelair and rebooted. xbmc.log at address below. Sorry if that is a bad pastebin site. My first try Huh

http://pastebin.org/55625

pastebin is fine, but I don't see anything wrong.
Do you have AppleRemote enabled/set to standard in Settings->System?
Another thing you could check if another helper is already running. Open up a terminal and do
Code:
ps aux | grep -i helper

Finally I'd try to manually launch XBMCHelper and see what it says. In terminal do
Code:
/Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/tools/osx/XBMCHelper -v

cheers,
mdd

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
It looks like iTunesHelper is running. How can I stop that?

Code:
Macintosh:~ user$ ps aux | grep -i helper
user   278   0.1  0.0  2425520     72 s000  R+    7:05PM   0:00.00 grep -i helper
user   123   0.0  0.2  2474788   4844   ??  S     4:41PM   0:00.06 /Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/iTunesHelper.app/Contents/MacOS/iTunesHelper -psn_0_40970
user   246   0.0  0.1    99904   2588   ??  S     7:03PM   0:00.05 /Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/tools/osx/XBMCHelper -x
Macintosh:~ user$
I also tried to manually launch XBMCHelper and here is what happened in terminal. Still doesn't work.

Code:
Macintosh:~ user$ /Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/tools/osx/XBMCHelper -v
XBOX360: Registering for notifications.
initializing apple remote
uninitializing apple remote
deleting commands map
udp socket (4) opened
Using key code for OSX 10.5
Registering command 21_
Registering command 35_
Registering command 22_
Registering command 23_
Registering command 29_
Registering command 30_
Registering command 4_
Registering command 3_
Registering command 20_
Registering command 18_
Registering command 18_30_
Registering command 18_21_22_
Registering command 18_21_23_
Registering command 18_21_29_
Registering command 18_21_30_
Registering command 18_21_21_
Registering command 18_29_21_
Registering command 18_29_23_
Registering command 18_29_22_
Registering command 18_29_29_
Registering command 18_29_30_
universal mode off.
exclusive lock failed
hey58 Wrote:It looks like iTunesHelper is running. How can I stop that?

Code:
Macintosh:~ user$ ps aux | grep -i helper
user   278   0.1  0.0  2425520     72 s000  R+    7:05PM   0:00.00 grep -i helper
user   123   0.0  0.2  2474788   4844   ??  S     4:41PM   0:00.06 /Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/iTunesHelper.app/Contents/MacOS/iTunesHelper -psn_0_40970
user   246   0.0  0.1    99904   2588   ??  S     7:03PM   0:00.05 /Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/tools/osx/XBMCHelper -x
Macintosh:~ user$

Another XBMCHelper or PlexHelper. iTunesHelper is not a concern.
uhm, that helper you're using is quite old (I think it's the Atlantis version).
Sure you're running a current version of XBMC?

MaestroDD Wrote:uhm, that helper you're using is quite old (I think it's the Atlantis version).
Sure you're running a current version of XBMC?

NOTICE: Starting XBMC, Platform: Mac OS X. Built on May 26 2009 (SVN:20677)

Not a chance Smile
OK information on this thread is a bit confusing. If I finally take the plunge and install 10.6.2 on my mini will I need candalier or not?
garyi Wrote:ok information on this thread is a bit confusing. If i finally take the plunge and install 10.6.2 on my mini will i need candalier or not?

maestrodd Wrote:[...]candelair is _not_ needed on 10.6.2. [...]
hth

OK I am going to go for it then. I have spooged my library any how so may as well start from scratch.
How do I use a more recent version of XBMCHelper?

Thanks

Edit: I installed 9.11.Alpha2 and all works. I still have the question about using a different version of XBMCHelper though... Was the version of XBMCHelper that I was using not associated with the version of XBMC that I was using?
hey58 Wrote:[...]
Edit: I installed 9.11.Alpha2 and all works. I still have the question about using a different version of XBMCHelper though... Was the version of XBMCHelper that I was using not associated with the version of XBMC that I was using?

glad it works.
and yes, XBMCHelper version is tied to XBMC.

I can't get my remote to work either. XBMC 9.11 Beta 1 on 10.6.2 on a Core 2 Duo mini.

Candelair uninstalled and rebooted.

Log:

Quote:video-mini:~ frontrow$ /Apps/Multimedia/XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/tools/osx/XBMCHelper -v
XBOX360: Registering for notifications.
initializing apple remote
uninitializing apple remote
deleting commands map
udp socket (4) opened
Using key code for OSX 10.5
Registering command 21_
Registering command 35_
Registering command 22_
Registering command 23_
Registering command 29_
Registering command 30_
Registering command 4_
Registering command 3_
Registering command 20_
Registering command 18_
Registering command 18_30_
Registering command 18_21_22_
Registering command 18_21_23_
Registering command 18_21_29_
Registering command 18_21_30_
Registering command 18_21_21_
Registering command 18_29_21_
Registering command 18_29_23_
Registering command 18_29_22_
Registering command 18_29_29_
Registering command 18_29_30_
universal mode off.
exclusive lock failed

Any tips?

PS: I also have Plex on this machine. My remote works with that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple Remote, Candelair, OS X 10.6.20