Now Playing Fanart
Hi,
First thanks for the great theme.

I have a question about the music fanart in now playing screen.
My fanarts are all working in the library, my only issue is that my music file are stored on two differents places.
In the settings of the theme I added one of the folder for the fanart directory then only the album stored in this location show the fanart in the now playing screen.

How can I add multiple locations for this settings ?

Thanks
i'm afraid you can't.
there's little to no support for fanart in now playing in xbmc.
so i'm using a workaround to make it possible anyway.

workarounds are never 100% perfect and may not work for everyone.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:i'm afraid you can't.
there's little to no support for fanart in now playing in xbmc.
so i'm using a workaround to make it possible anyway.

workarounds are never 100% perfect and may not work for everyone.

ok fair enough. thanks for your reply anyway.
well your luck has turned.
official support for 'now playing' fanart / fanart in the fullscreen visualisation has just been added to xbmc: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=60804&page=2
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:well your luck has turned.
official support for 'now playing' fanart / fanart in the fullscreen visualisation has just been added to xbmc: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=60804&page=2

wow pretty cool :-) thanks for that
Will there be a release of T! with these added benefits before or after XBMC's next point release?
joebrady Wrote:Will there be a release of T! with these added benefits before or after XBMC's next point release?

there'll be a beta release of the new T! in a few days and i'm planning to release the final version at the same time xbmc 9.11 is released.

musicplayer.property(fanart_image) will be used instead of the workaround i'm currently using to show fanart for the currently playing artist.

i have yet to decide if/what to do with all the other new info labels.
If you're interested in any requests (I know, you never get those) I'd like to see an option to have the fanart ontop of the visualizations and then be able to fade out the fanart to see the visulization after a set amount of time (say, 50% of the song time)
joebrady Wrote:If you're interested in any requests (I know, you never get those) I'd like to see an option to have the fanart ontop of the visualizations and then be able to fade out the fanart to see the visulization after a set amount of time (say, 50% of the song time)

yeah, i never do requests. ;-)

fading out the fanart after a fixed amount of time (mins/secs) would be possible, calculating 50% of the song time can't be done however. but, i have no idea if/how it is possible to make the fanart re-appear when the next song starts...

so far, at least these options will be available in the musicvisualisation screen:
- visualisation
- fanart image
- fanart slideshow
- cd wall

the last two are 'workarounds' that will require some kind of user setup.
I currently accomplish this with hacks in one of my butchered Aeon mods. (a fanart slideshow that fades out after 1:30 to reveal the vis) The 50% was just for example.

using MusicPlayer.Property(Fanart_Image) and then fading it out, would it not come back upon an Artist change in the song playing? (I havent' had a chance to SVN up and test this out yet)

Looking forward to the next T!
joebrady Wrote:using MusicPlayer.Property(Fanart_Image) and then fading it out, would it not come back upon an Artist change in the song playing?

i have no idea....there's only one way to find out. ;-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Now Playing Fanart0