ShoutCast help
Hi All,
I am new to this forum and somewhat new to XBMC. I have tried both Boxee and XBMC and the latter is more what I am looking for I believe.
I am running
ATV: ver 2.4
XBMC: 9.04.1 r 20677
USB drive attached to airport extreme connected via SMB

I am having problems getting shoutcast to work. It can't seem to d/l the playlists.

What am I missing? I have searched but cannot seem to find the answer

TIA,
hopefully the first steps to a journey of understanding this thing.
-mark
Okay, so I have done some more investigating. I have managed to get the playlists into XBMC. However, they will not play. I get a parsing error.

I have a proof of concept setup on my iMac and all will play fine.

Here are some logs that may help:

xbmc.log
http://rapidshare.com/files/300054625/xbmc.log

CrashReporter.log
http://rapidshare.com/files/300055520/CrashReporter.log

Is there something else that must be done so that the ATV will play these playlists from ShoutCast?

TIA,
-mark
The Error says:

"SR_ERROR_PARSE_FAILURE"

Anything else needed? I know that the coding regarding the new ATV 3.0 is under way but any help is appreciated.
Okay so I have now upgraded the ATV to 3.0 and XBMC is now back up and running. ShoutCast is still not working. Any helpHuh

-mark
Thanks for all the help. If I figure it out will post a solution.
-mark
Seems that you're the only person on this thread. Angry

I'm looking for easy shoutcast too... no luck.
msymms

Seems that I've found an easy way to access shoutcast streams from the xbox. I was using upnp server to get the xbox to play the shoutcast playlist after saving it to my shared folder but that's obsolete and time consuming.

Here is what you have to do...

Go to the "Music" section of your xbmc. Select "Add Source". On the path for the media location type in "shout://www.shoutcast.com/sbin/newxml.phtml". On the "name for the media Source" enter anything you feel like. I have "Shoutcast (Online Radio)" and then select OK.

Now you should be able to access Shoutcast streams when your xbox is connected to the net. You cant access it like you do on the net... it is not search-able... but it is shoutcast access.

Hope you're still looking at this thread. If you have problems dont hesitate to ask. If you've found another solution... Please share. If I haven't understood your problem please let me know.
Thanks. But I have the AppleTV not an Xbox. I was able to d/l the playlists, but every time it tried to open a stream, I got the parsing error mentioned above.

I did a reinstall for some unrelated reason, and *poof* it started working. Go figure. I had reinstalled several times before to try to fix it. I do find that the ATV crashes when playing a stream and rendering the visualization. Could be a wireless problem. It seems to crash when playing music from Internet radio stations off the ATV 3.1 OS as well.

-markl
Please use pastebin for your logs.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
not a problem. When I get my iMac up and running again (HD crash), I will send up some new logs after I get the crash. Maybe ya'll can help confirm my suspicions.

-mark

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ShoutCast help0