How can I completely rescrape/start my media library form scratch?
Question 
Well,
I have been a long time user of XBMC and know the basic procedure about asking questions in the forums. I already checked out the WIKI and did a forum search and couldn’t find exactly what I was looking for and I have never done it but need to. Anyways my questions is as follows:

What is the best way to just clear all the media library information from XBMC?

I have several XBMC boxes running and all my media is stored on a NAS along with all the nfo, fan art, and cover art files… anyways, I have recently made a lot of changes to the cover art and fan art that I want so I was wondering how I could just get rid of all this old information on my XBMC boxes and have XBMC start up and automatically scrap all the information as if it was the first time?

Help with this would be much appreciated…

Thanks,
Slice
Delete the database files found in your USERDATA folder.
also delete the Thumbnails folder in the userdata directory.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
thanks alot guys...i went ahead and did that and it worked perfectly!

however, it is interesting to note that after i deleted the database files and the thumbnails cache XBMC would not re-scrape the data or build the library again until i set the media type again for each source...odd

but none the less it worked so thanks!
Slice
I'm reasonably certain, if you wanted to stay in the XBMC environment, you could have removed the sources from your video source list, cleaned the library, then re-added the sources. This other way is good too though.
and the content types are stored in the database so no surprise there.
natethomas Wrote:I'm reasonably certain, if you wanted to stay in the XBMC environment, you could have removed the sources from your video source list, cleaned the library, then re-added the sources. This other way is good too though.

Shouldn't it clear the library when you remove the source ..
The normal XBMC log IS NOT a debug log, to enable debug logging you must toggle it on under XBMC Settings - System or in advancedsettings.xml. Use XBMC Debug Log Addon to retrieve it.
I'm not sure. Doesn't the database persist when a source disappears as a fail safe against lost smb shares?

Either way, there's nothing wrong with taking the additional step of cleaning the library.
CrashX Wrote:Shouldn't it clear the library when you remove the source ..
No, so as to not wipe the contents of remote shares that might be offline.
Personally when i make changes I just,
Use the context menu
Select Movie/Tv Information
Then Select Refresh

Sure it takes a while to do them all, but normally I'm making changes now and then and since I'm an Xbox user its a lot easier than rebuilding the entire library unless I scan and walk away for several hours. Wink

On my PC is a lot faster and easier just to delete the database and the thumbnails.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How can I completely rescrape/start my media library form scratch?0