• 4(current)
[AppleTV] Launcher 3.2 testing
Sorry if this isn't the place to report this as I got my patchstick from firecore and i'm not sure what version of launcher they're using. I'm assuming it's 3.2.

I started by doing a factory restore, then updating the atv to 3.0. Then i used the patchstick

Then I added sshcs to the Plist by typing:
Code:
defaults write com.teamxbmc.xbmclauncher XBMCAdditionalDownloadPlistURLs -array http://www.sshcs.com/xbmc/Info.asp

When attempting to use the atv to download build 24211 from sshcs the update script exits with error 255. The OTHER XBMC install (9.04) launched from the atv does work though.

So, i saved the 9.04_update.sh file, and the dmg of build 24211 and manually ran the script, which worked great. So, the build appears to be fine, and the update script appears to be fine... Launcher issue? Firecore problem?

I've never really looked into what this community thinks of firecore, but i'm really not trolling here...
jkasyan Wrote:Sorry if this isn't the place to report this as I got my patchstick from firecore and i'm not sure what version of launcher they're using. I'm assuming it's 3.2.

I started by doing a factory restore, then updating the atv to 3.0. Then i used the patchstick

Then I added sshcs to the Plist by typing:
Code:
defaults write com.teamxbmc.xbmclauncher XBMCAdditionalDownloadPlistURLs -array http://www.sshcs.com/xbmc/Info.asp

When attempting to use the atv to download build 24211 from sshcs the update script exits with error 255. The OTHER XBMC install (9.04) launched from the atv does work though.

So, i saved the 9.04_update.sh file, and the dmg of build 24211 and manually ran the script, which worked great. So, the build appears to be fine, and the update script appears to be fine... Launcher issue? Firecore problem?

I've never really looked into what this community thinks of firecore, but i'm really not trolling here...

I think the general consensus is that if one is using the firecore patchstick, then any questions/issues should be directed to the firecore developers/forums.
Chipskip Wrote:Has anyone tested external USB HDs?

Has anyone tested AFP with 3.0?

Thanks in advance.

I went from OTB 1.0 to 3.0 and then did the launcher 3.2 Beta to get Launcher Menu.

I then did a manual nito install and got Nito Menu. I then did the smart installer and now have AFP server running on the ATV.

Thus I can now with finder on my MPB access all files on de ATV.

I have not succeeded in using the AFP client on de ATV to access my TimeCapsule. I always get 1069 error. (yes the mount command is valid, so is the share and pass)
MBP late 2009 - TimeCapsule 2TB - Harmony One+ - Readynas NV+ 8TB RAID5 - Mac Mini late 2009 with 10.9.0 and VDA - Panasonic TX-PG420ES -
jkasyan Wrote:Sorry if this isn't the place to report this as I got my patchstick from firecore and i'm not sure what version of launcher they're using. I'm assuming it's 3.2.

funny, we haven't even released yet. Mind checking which version it is? (Launcher -> About)

jkasyan Wrote:[...]When attempting to use the atv to download build 24211 from sshcs the update script exits with error 255. The OTHER XBMC install (9.04) launched from the atv does work though.
[...]

Just tried and r24211 installed fine. Maybe a hickup on sshcs.com/xbmc or on your local network? Please try to copy&post console.log when this happens.

cheers,
mdd

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
dshutt Wrote:Installing NitoTV and running the Smart Installer (see my post above) will allow you to access an external USB drive from a new menu item placed on the main Apple TV menu without having to reboot the system. However I find this of limited use as the control of playback in Nito is inferior to that available in XBMC in my opinion. I am not aware of any way to access the port in the native ATV menu. I used the NitoTV install only as a simple method to enable the USB port and then uninstalled it. This is not popular with Nito but his install does effortlessly enable the port.

Thanks for the heads up. I know this is the wrong forum but I get an Install Success but no new menu item for USB even after a reboot. Can someone point me to the forums that support this?
funny, we haven't even released yet. Mind checking which version it is? (Launcher -> About)

3.2.beta2!

As for the console.log:

Code:
-bash-2.05b$ cd /Library/Logs/
-bash-2.05b$ ls
DirectoryService
-bash-2.05b$ ls -al
total 0
drwxrwxr-x   3 root  admin  102 Nov  3 21:41 .
drwxr-xr-x   9 root  admin  306 Nov  3 21:41 ..
drwxrwxr-x   4 root  admin  136 Nov  3 21:30 DirectoryService

If you have an alternative place for a log file that you would find helpful, i'd be happy to post it. Otherwise, i'm not going to bother you until there's an official release. Thanks though!
jkasyan Wrote:funny, we haven't even released yet. Mind checking which version it is? (Launcher -> About)

3.2.beta2!
at least it's the current version Smile

jkasyan Wrote:As for the console.log:

Code:
-bash-2.05b$ cd /Library/Logs/
-bash-2.05b$ ls
DirectoryService
-bash-2.05b$ ls -al
total 0
drwxrwxr-x   3 root  admin  102 Nov  3 21:41 .
drwxr-xr-x   9 root  admin  306 Nov  3 21:41 ..
drwxrwxr-x   4 root  admin  136 Nov  3 21:30 DirectoryService

If you have an alternative place for a log file that you would find helpful, i'd be happy to post it.
hm, not there, should be /Library/Logs/Console/501/console.log. Thanks for checking!
You could create those directories, maybe that's the problem.

jkasyan Wrote:Otherwise, i'm not going to bother you until there's an official release.
if you find issues please feel free to post them.

cheers,
mdd

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
I have tried the required steps mentioned in this thread ....MyATV 3.0 now works . Thanks for every one in this forum and my special thanks to
davilla, fastscirocco, dafranca ,Amet for valuable and important steps.

Now My 2 1/2 year old son will be happy to see his favorite movies back on tv.

Thanks again.

Just want to make sure I ran the following command on the putty terminal ,will this disable any future updates on the apple tv

sudo bash -c 'echo "127.0.0.1 mesu.apple.com" >> /etc/hosts'

It did not give any message after pressing enter key.
satyamb Wrote:Just want to make sure I ran the following command on the putty terminal ,will this disable any future updates on the apple tv

sudo bash -c 'echo "127.0.0.1 mesu.apple.com" >> /etc/hosts'

It did not give any message after pressing enter key.

try

Quote:sudo nano /etc/hosts

if you see "127.0.0.1 mesu.apple.com" in there it means that it was successful

also, you can disable it under Launcher --> settings

Cheers
Zeljko
Perhaps I'm missing something, but where do I get the Apple TV Update dmg that is required to create the patch stick?
amb1545 Wrote:Perhaps I'm missing something, but where do I get the Apple TV Update dmg that is required to create the patch stick?

look at http://mesu.apple.com/version.xml, the dmg URL is there.
Working great here! iPod Touch remote working well also.
Now... have to remember to disable auto-update this time! Rolleyes
AFAIK with this version of Launcher only the the 4 directional, the Menu and OK button events are recognized in XBMC if I auto-load XBMC on boot.

Is there any chance to have this feature in "auto-load XBMC while still forwarding learned buttons to the application" ?
sircube Wrote:AFAIK with this version of Launcher only the the 4 directional, the Menu and OK button events are recognized in XBMC if I auto-load XBMC on boot.

Is there any chance to have this feature in "auto-load XBMC while still forwarding learned buttons to the application" ?

Hey Sircube,

I must admit the "auto-load" a.k.a. MultiFinder approach is kind of a stepchild. If you want to help out, please feel free to contact me (or post to your feature request.
cheers,
mdd

eickmeyer Wrote:Can anybody confirm that the TV Composite hack works under 3.0? I mean the .kext version. Thanks!

Bump
ASROCK VisionX, Kodi Isengard 15.1, Aeon MQ5, Dreambox 8000HD, Panasonic TX-55CXW754
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV] Launcher 3.2 testing0