maby switching to XBMC linux and have a few questions
To give you some back ground I already have XBMC running on windows but im looking ot upgrade my hard ware and maby switch over to XBMC Linux. what i want is to beable to play Unencripted Blueray ISO files (just like I do with my DVDs) or just the riped VC-1 soon and soon files. what is the better choise

upgrading my mobo to this witch has a built in Nvidia 8200 and get a new cpu I was thinking an Athlon X2 6000+ so I could not blueray in windows

but since i have been looking at switching to linux

I was also looking at an Atom 330 board and pair it with a a Gforce 210 or a Gforce 8400

or just staying with my curent hardware and upgrading the video card
Generic mobo
cpu Athlonx 64 2600+ single core
and then upgrading my curent video card (nvidia 6100) to a Gforce 210 or a Gforce 8400

what do you think will work the best for blueray ISO playback
I'm running a Point of View ion330 for couple of weaks now. The onboard Nvidia 9400M with support for VDPAU played back every mkv, avi, or anything else so far on my 1080i screen without stuttering.
I've also tried such a m2ts-file which runs totally smooth.
The only thing to be replaced is the fan on top of the cpu. That's too noisy.
For HD playback using XBMC linux is your best bet.

There is a second problem though ... Have you looked at blueray playback and ripping under linux? You currently can't play the disc's (or isos) under linux. You may be able to rip the movies from them under linux, although I'm not 100% sure of that (I've read that the DVD HD Fab decrypter works under wine in linux) - maybe someone else can shed some light?
I guess I should go into more detail about the blue-ray. I rip all my stuff with windows and I just pull the movie no menues or extras just the movie. Iv been doing this with my DVDs and was looking into buying a blueray drive for my computer and start ripping my blueray disks as well. from what i understand XBMC will play the m2ts files but with no menues if i have to ill just rip them that way im realy trying not to go the mkv route but i can if i need to

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
maby switching to XBMC linux and have a few questions0