How to use the Wii Remote with xbmc
BatterseaPS Wrote:Hmm, so there's no way to use 2 Wii controllers for a 2-player game on XBMC Live? (I reckon it can be done on a Linux install via Xwii.)

The eventclients only interact with XBMC, not any game. So it wouldn't help you even if it could distinguish.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
I've been using the WiiUse implementation of the XBMC event client for ages and it's been rock solid. Only issue of late is that I get stuck with a blank screen if XBMC is left for a while. When the event client reconnects (the WiiRemote rumbles) XBMC is still left as a blank screen.
i'm quite a noob.
I tried to compile wiiuse but i got a lot of errors.
can someone explain me howto?
thanks
kwyxz Wrote:Hi, thanks for your quick reply.

$ ./WiiUse_WiiRemote
wiiuse v0.12 loaded.
By: Michael Laforest <thepara[at]gmail{dot}com>
http://wiiuse.net http://wiiuse.sf.net
[INFO] Found 1 bluetooth device(s).
[INFO] Found wiimote (00:22:4C:8D:F9:4A) [id 1].
connect() output sock: Invalid argument

Am I missing something here ? Thanks again.

if you add

memset(&addr, 0, sizeof (addr));

at the line 174 of io_nix.c it should connect.
I did this way and it connects but the problem is once connected i run xbmc and...nothing happens.

i downloaded the source from the site, unpacked it and compiled from there only the wiiuse, i took xbmc from the repos.
Any help?
any help?
luggio Wrote:any help?

Here is how I setup my machine.

1) Make the WiiRemote event client. This is the one that uses WiiUse.
Code:
$ cd tools/EventClients/Clients/WiiRemote/
$ make
Some errors will pop out, but there should be a WiiUse_WiiRemote executable created.

2) Create a script to run the WiiUse_WiiRemote file.
Code:
$ sudo touch /usr/local/bin/xbmc-wiiremote
sudo chmod +x /usr/local/bin/xbmc-wiiremote
sudo nano /usr/local/bin/xbmc-wiiremote

Change the path below to point to the actual location of the WiiUse_WiiRemote file:
PHP Code:
#!/bin/bash
cd /home/path/to/XBMC/tools/EventClients/Clients/WiiRemote
./WiiUse_WiiRemote 

3) Configure the Window Manager to automatically run xbmc-wiiremote when a specific user logs in. I have a specific xbmc user and I'm using Mythbuntu which uses XFCE which has a GUI for doing this.

4) Configure the Window Manager to automatically run xbmc when the xbmc user logs in.

5) Configure the Window Manager to automatically login the xbmc user.

6) After turning on the machine, the xbmc user is logged in, which then starts xbmc and also xbmc-wiiremote.

7) Make sure XBMC is configured to "Allow programs on this system to control XBMC"

8) Press buttons 1+2 on the WiiRemote, this should connect the WiiRemote to the WiiUse_WiiRemote process (the remote should rumble and the first LED should stay lit). The WiiUse_WiiRemote process should then connect to XBMC and XBMC should popup a dialog saying "WiiRemote Connected".

From there it should be plain sailing.
Thank you very much for your help

dteirney Wrote:Here is how I setup my machine.

1) Make the WiiRemote event client. This is the one that uses WiiUse.
Code:
$ cd tools/EventClients/Clients/WiiRemote/
$ make
Some errors will pop out, but there should be a WiiUse_WiiRemote executable created.

Done with no errors as i added
at the line 174 of io_nix.c

Quote:2) Create a script to run the WiiUse_WiiRemote file.
Code:
$ sudo touch /usr/local/bin/xbmc-wiiremote
sudo chmod +x /usr/local/bin/xbmc-wiiremote
sudo nano /usr/local/bin/xbmc-wiiremote

maybe i'll make an autorun script later, when everything is working Big Grin
Do i need to compile xbmc as well?
As i said before i took xbmc from the repos, then downloaded the source and compiled only the wiiuse client.
Is it wrong?

If i run WiiUse_WiiRemote
and then i run xbmc
Then i press 1+2
i get the remote connected to wiiuse(light n.1 on) but no response on the xbmc
luggio Wrote:Thank you very much for your help

Done with no errors as i added

maybe i'll make an autorun script later, when everything is working Big Grin
Do i need to compile xbmc as well?
As i said before i took xbmc from the repos, then downloaded the source and compiled only the wiiuse client.
Is it wrong?

If i run WiiUse_WiiRemote
and then i run xbmc
Then i press 1+2
i get the remote connected to wiiuse(light n.1 on) but no response on the xbmc

I haven't made any code changes to any of the WiiRemote code. I only get warnings popping out, not errors as I first stated.

You don't need to compile XBMC as well. Running a PPA version of XBMC will be fine.

Did you follow step 7 as well? XBMC will not respond to any event clients if it is not configured to within Settings.
after messing up i had a clean ubuntu install.
here's what i get now when i try to compile

Code:
luggio@booze:~/download/xbmc-9.11-b1/tools/EventClients/Clients/WiiRemote$ make
make[1]: ingresso nella directory «/home/luggio/download/xbmc-9.11-b1/tools/EventClients/Clients/WiiRemote/wiiuse_v0.12/src»
gcc -Wall -pipe -fPIC -funroll-loops -O2 -shared -lm -lbluetooth release-x86_64-linux-gnu/classic.o release-x86_64-linux-gnu/dynamics.o release-x86_64-linux-gnu/events.o release-x86_64-linux-gnu/io.o release-x86_64-linux-gnu/io_nix.o release-x86_64-linux-gnu/ir.o release-x86_64-linux-gnu/nunchuk.o release-x86_64-linux-gnu/guitar_hero_3.o release-x86_64-linux-gnu/wiiuse.o -o ./release-x86_64-linux-gnu/libwiiuse.so
make[1]: uscita dalla directory «/home/luggio/download/xbmc-9.11-b1/tools/EventClients/Clients/WiiRemote/wiiuse_v0.12/src»
g++ -Wall -pipe -fPIC -funroll-loops WiiUse_WiiRemote.cpp wiiuse_v0.12/src/release-x86_64-linux-gnu/libwiiuse.so -o WiiUse_WiiRemote
In file included from WiiUse_WiiRemote.cpp:18:
WiiUse_WiiRemote.h:32:20: error: wiiuse.h: Nessun file o directory
In file included from WiiUse_WiiRemote.cpp:18:
WiiUse_WiiRemote.h:98: error: ‘wiimote’ has not been declared
WiiUse_WiiRemote.h: In constructor ‘CWiiController::CWiiController()’:
WiiUse_WiiRemote.h:106: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
WiiUse_WiiRemote.h: At global scope:
WiiUse_WiiRemote.h:116: error: ‘wiimote’ was not declared in this scope
WiiUse_WiiRemote.h:116: error: expected primary-expression before ‘)’ token
WiiUse_WiiRemote.h:117: error: ‘wiimote’ was not declared in this scope
WiiUse_WiiRemote.h:117: error: expected primary-expression before ‘)’ token
WiiUse_WiiRemote.h:119: error: variable or field ‘EnableMotionSensing’ declared void
WiiUse_WiiRemote.h:119: error: ‘wiimote’ was not declared in this scope
WiiUse_WiiRemote.h:119: error: ‘wm’ was not declared in this scope
WiiUse_WiiRemote.h:120: error: variable or field ‘DisableMotionSensing’ declared void
WiiUse_WiiRemote.h:120: error: ‘wiimote’ was not declared in this scope
WiiUse_WiiRemote.h:120: error: ‘wm’ was not declared in this scope
WiiUse_WiiRemote.cpp:20: error: variable or field ‘get_keys’ declared void
WiiUse_WiiRemote.cpp:20: error: ‘wiimote’ was not declared in this scope
WiiUse_WiiRemote.cpp:20: error: ‘wm’ was not declared in this scope
make: *** [all] Errore 1

EDIT

Solved by
sudo make install
the wiiuse

now i have i bin and once run
Code:
luggio@booze:~/download/xbmc-9.11-b1/tools/EventClients/Clients/WiiRemote$ ./WiiUse_WiiRemote
wiiuse v0.12 loaded.
  By: Michael Laforest <thepara[at]gmail{dot}com>
  http://wiiuse.net  http://wiiuse.sf.net
[INFO] Found 0 bluetooth device(s).
[INFO] Found wiimote (00:19:1D:9A:7C:45) [id 1].
[INFO] Found wiimote (00:19:1D:9A:7C:45) [id 1].

and no connection made to the wiimote

that's why i added

About step 7:
of course i did but no response Big Grin

thank you very much for your patience
Hi all,

I'm new to XBMC and I'm loving it! A few weeks ago I bought an Acer Revo which I've installed Ubuntu onto and I'm now running XBMC as my media centre. I've got my two Wiimotes working OK without any user input at startup (other than pressing 1+2) which I like but....

In Ubuntu/Gnome the sensitivity is fine, however in XBMC it is way too sensitive. Is there any way to correct for this?

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Cheers,

Andy.
I am on an Nvidia ION platform by ASUS, which has built-in support for bluetooth, but i cannot get my Wiimote to work. I have a wireless sensorbar to complement the bluetooth, but when i type "xbmc-wiiremote" in terminal, i just get Error no bluetooth device. If i however do "grep | dmesg bluetooth" i see references to the built-in bluetooth device, what am i doing wrong? Im running Ubuntu 9.04 and Camelot Alpha2. Help is very much preciated, I've installed xbmc-eventclient-wii (cant remember the exact name in my head) but no go. Any ideas what i should be doing to get it working?

Thank you in advance.
I dont know how totally dumb I am being, but

sudo apt-get install bluez-utils

just gives me an error becuase it can find Bluez?
@luggio, @slacker666 do any bluetooth devices work on your systems? I know I had to mess around with something to get Bluetooth to work on my Mythbuntu 8.10 setup. Don't recall exactly what it was, but something related to https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sourc...bug/268502 because I've been watching that bug for ages.

Unfortunately, Bluetooth still seems to have occasional problems on Linux.
Hi all

I am new to xbmc. I installed the last stable version successfully to ubuntu 9.04 and now I am trying to get the wiimote to work. Apparently I have a problem which nobody else has had so far: when I type "xbmc-wiiremote" then press 1+2 on the wiimote and then hit enter in the terminal I read: "xbmc-wiiremote: command not found"

Do you have any idea what that problem is?

Thanks in advance
Roberto
dteirney Wrote:@luggio, @slacker666 do any bluetooth devices work on your systems? I know I had to mess around with something to get Bluetooth to work on my Mythbuntu 8.10 setup. Don't recall exactly what it was, but something related to https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sourc...bug/268502 because I've been watching that bug for ages.

Unfortunately, Bluetooth still seems to have occasional problems on Linux.

sure it works great!
if i use wmgui the wiimote works properly.
With xbmc-wiiremote(the one using cwiid) it keeps connecting and disconnecting.
Some say that is a cwiid bug in a 64bit verion, but are they really sure?
I mean if it had a bug would have it worked fine with wmgui?

btw i still cannot use the wiiuse client i compiled.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to use the Wii Remote with xbmc0