Unable to get Apple TV running XBMC properly... Please help?
Hi XBMC Community,

First of all let methank all the posters for their additions to this site and the various posting of links. It has been very useful. Unfortunately, I've seemed to have reached a sticky point in my setup of xbmc on my Apple TV that will require directed instructions to fix. I hope the XBMC Forums can help?

I have made a few attempts at getting XBMCset up. I first came across it last New Years Eve at my friends flat in London. Her housemate had a nodded xbox running the XBMC. Needless to say, I was very impressed!

When I found out that I could do this with an apple TV & USB drive I was off to the shops!

I currently have the following set up:

Apple TV + ATV Launcher 3.1 installed
Latest Boxee build
Latest XBMC build + Aeon Stark Skin

Sharing is enabled on my Imac (USB 500gb HDD has all my media on it), the iMac is connected via Ethernet to a powerline av adapter (brilliant invention).

My Apple TV is in my livingroom connected via Ethernet to our router and the router connects to a virgin broadband box. The router also connects to a powerline av adapter in the livingroom.

Now here's the stick point. I have achieved getting Boxee working with my Imac. But for all the hours spent on four seperate occaisions, I can't get it setup with xbmc :-(

I have so far located the SMB shared folders for Movies, set content, chosen IMDB scraper, have movies set as shared/Movies/title(year).avi and asked it to search for media ( sorry can't remember exactly the correct term for this.

At this point the xbmc comes back with a message saying it cannot connect to media server. Boxee works fine, I even have XBMC set up on my bedroom iMac.

Please can someone simply and clearly help me? I really want to have XBMC on my Apple TV looking gorgeous and as impressive as when I first saw it at my friends place!

All support and help welcome.

Cheers

LuckyGit
post xbmc.log to a pastebin site and post the URL here.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to get Apple TV running XBMC properly... Please help?0