I suck at programming
I've got a ton of files with a naming convention like this:

new and Unprocessed (before compression):
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\SnapStream\Beyond TV\shows\South Park\South Park-2009-04-15-0.mpg

And

Recorded and processed:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\SnapStream\Beyond TV\shows\Family Guy\Family Guy-(A Picture Is Worth 1,000 Bucks)-2009-10-30-0.wmv

This is the default BeyondTV naming convention. How can I get a scraper to work with these? Right now XBMC does not support BTV file naming conventions.
outleradam Wrote:I've got a ton of files with a naming convention like this:

new and Unprocessed (before compression):
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\SnapStream\Beyond TV\shows\South Park\South Park-2009-04-15-0.mpg

And

Recorded and processed:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\SnapStream\Beyond TV\shows\Family Guy\Family Guy-(A Picture Is Worth 1,000 Bucks)-2009-10-30-0.wmv

This is the default BeyondTV naming convention. How can I get a scraper to work with these? Right now XBMC does not support BTV file naming conventions.

This should be in the support forum, but you may need to look at a file renamer such as TVRename.
Well, I was trying to look at how to develop a scraper for BTV.
just push an expression that matches dates and off you go. has been supported for a while...
I looked at something similar for another project a while back, and looking at your files names i don't think it will work.

Using the family guy episode you listed above as an example:
Family Guy-(A Picture Is Worth 1,000 Bucks)-2009-10-30-0.wmv

The date you have in it is 2009-10-30 which I'm assuming is the record date, its not the original air date (2000-04-18), so it will fail on that as you need to lookup using the air date.
so how can I go about building a query easily? I can't get tv rename to work. Isn't there a way to look up show name and episode name, just disregarding the date?
no. they need to either be enumerated using episode numbers or air dates. bark up the beyond tv tree.
Beyond TV has officially stopped development as of BTV V4.9. Sad I've got to come up with something myself Sad. I want to get my library working. Any other good television recording/naming/guide software options for windows? If not, I need a USB hardware and software soloution for linux.
MythTV, can take a little time to setup just as you want, but more than worth the effort.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=MythTV
I was looking for something for windows.

Quote:Though they are not as completely functional as on other platforms, installer packages are available for MS Windows.
(NOTE: current build as of Oct. 22 2009 is trunk revision 21995, and too old for compatibility with the 0.22 RC)

i could go with a linux soloution, but I need to upgrade my hardware as well. My XBMCbuntu PC only has USB ports.
Sorry missed the windows part. Haven't used windows for along time - maybe possible to do something with mce?
just an idea, you could send it via google to thetvdb

google search for the following
Family Guy-(A Picture Is Worth 1,000 Bucks) site:thetvdb.com

get the episode name from the file name in () and back reference it to \1

then parse the results (where \1 is the backref to just the episode name)
\1.*?(\d{4}-\d{2}-\d{2})

the capture group for that will get the aired date as \1

then you could pass it through the normal channels
I was going to suggest something similar, but didn't think it would work after looking at the ep name on tvdb. The actual ep name listed is "A Picture's Worth A Thousand Bucks" so didn't think it would match "A Picture Is Worth 1,000 Bucks", although seems to work going through google.

Might be an idea to test a few other eps that have odd names before spending too much time on it.
so how could that be automated into a scraper?

oh, i see.. I will do the work tonight to ensure 100% reliability.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I suck at programming0