Secondary Display Problems Under Recent DX Builds?
I run XBMC on a computer with a regular LCD and an HDTV hooked up to it. I generally have my LCD as my primary display and then run XBMC full screen on my TV (which is display #2). In the last few days, a new issue has occured:

XBMC disappears if I click on any other window or give any other application focus. This is a change in behavior, as before XBMC would run just fine if I had like a web browser open on my main screen and XBMC playing on my TV. I have tried running XBMC both with and without the -fs argument, with no effect.

Can anyone else confirm this?

Working backwards with Kricker's builds, I found that things are OK in revision 24114DX. Revision 24171DX will not actually run on my system, XBMC.exe crashes immediately. Revisions 24195DX and 24368DX both seem to have this issue.

My system is an Intel Core 2 Quad with 4GB of RAM, an ATI Radeon HD 3450 outputting to an HDTV through DVI to HDMI adaptor, audio outputting seperately via optical. Operating system is a retail copy of Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit.
Catchy Signature Here
Shame on you SleepyP :p

See the 500 other posts about this on the forum (perhaps exaggerated a little for effect Wink )

Given you're not on XP, switch on the <fakefullscreen> in advanced

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

sorry man, wasn't sure quite what terms to use when searching. Is this stuff in the online manual? IF not, maybe I should contribute / start a section about multiple display issues / configuration questions.
Catchy Signature Here
It's in a state of flux at this point. In the next alpha/beta (this coming weekend?) most of the issues should be resolved, and any that aren't I'll be moving settings to the UI as required. At that point we can look at documentation Smile

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Secondary Display Problems Under Recent DX Builds?0