atom 230 vs atom 330
Hi all,
I've read a lot of discussion about this argument but I still don't have a clear idea about which processor choose to run xbmc with aeon skin.
I'm thinking about a zotac ion motherboard but what I want to know is if the performance with the single core atom are acceptable. I don't need 1080p, just 720p.
Thanks everybody
Well, "acceptable" can mean a lot of things. But you should also keep in mind that XBMC will evolve over the next months and years and so will the skins. It will probably need more CPU power in the future not less. I wouldn't settle for a hopefully acceptable solution and rather have some free resources on my machine for future extension.

Same thing goes for saying that you don't need 1080p. Are you sure about that? Are you sure you won't have a need for it in a few months or maybe 1-2 years?

At the moment the price difference between Atom 230 and Atom 330 systems are about 50 bucks and upgrading an Atom system is not easy since you AFAIK cannot buy Atom CPUs separately. If you ever want to upgrade you will have to get a new Mainboard with new Atom CPU.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
atom 230 vs atom 3300