italian wrong translation
hello, really a good skin!!!! thanks for it

2 notes: (running xbmc in italian on a xbox with the transparecy! xbox version)

pressing the info button on the remote during a video playback appears "tempo residuo :" is wrong that time is not the remaining one, but the "fine prevista :" (the video ends at that time)

changing the volume appears a "periferica passthroug..." under the volume bar (this appeared with the latest transparency release)

thanks for the attention and for the skin

regards
Gastone Wrote:hello, really a good skin!!!! thanks for it

2 notes: (running xbmc in italian on a xbox with the transparecy! xbox version)

pressing the info button on the remote during a video playback appears "tempo residuo :" is wrong that time is not the remaining one, but the "fine prevista :" (the video ends at that time)

good catch, i don't speak italian, but i can see you're right. :-)
the good thing about it, is you can change it yourself.
all the skin language files are publicly available and i hope everyone will keep them up to date / fix incorrect translations.
i'll fix this one, and in case you find any other, feel free to edit the italian language file yourself. ;-)
check this thread for details: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=57836

Gastone Wrote:changing the volume appears a "periferica passthroug..." under the volume bar

in english it's 'passthrough audio in use', but the italian string is slightly longer: 'Periferica passthrough utilizzata' and obviously doesn't fit in the popup window.
it's impossible for me to test all parts of the skin in all 37 available languages, so yes, sometimes the labels may not fit here and there in certain languages.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
thanks for the reply, and for the infos!

ps: 'passthrough audio in use' can be 'passthrough audio attivo' or better 'passthrough audio in uso' for have it shorter

sorry the english: i read well, but i write very bad
Gastone Wrote:thanks for the reply, and for the infos!

ps: 'passthrough audio in use' can be 'passthrough audio attivo' or better 'passthrough audio in uso' for have it shorter

this string is part of the xbmc language file (not the skin one), so i can't change that for you.
if you want it changed, you'll have to post an updated language file on trac.
more info on how to do that can be found here:
http://xbmc.org/blittan/2009/04/08/xbmc-...alization/

Gastone Wrote:sorry the english: i read well, but i write very bad

no problemo, i can perfectly understand you ;-)
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
thanks again for the reply, and the suggestions!

but, i had give a look to the wiki & trac
so i installed the xbmc translator, opened the language file (from my xbox, is a week old nightly build) with the translator, but..
i have not that string id!
in trac, reading the latest italian change http://trac.xbmc.org/attachment/ticket/7355/strings.xml as well as my xbox language file, i see:
Code:
<string id="29801">Tastiera QWERTY</string>
  <string id="29802">Periferica passthrough utilizzata</string>
  <string id="29999">Applica impostazioni flicker filter ai giochi</string>
but that 29802 in the english one does not exist:
Code:
<string id="29801">QWERTY keyboard</string>
  <string id="29999">Apply flicker filter setting to games</string>
infact the translator tool does not show (in italian) that string id

i'm a bit confused

edit: deleting the line
<string id="29802">Periferica passthrough utilizzata</string>
from the italian strings.xml the problem is solved (volume bar correctly showed)
more confused thaen before
well i'm too. that 'passthrough' string should only be visible on the volume bar if passthrough audio is enabled. i'm not sure, but i thought the xbox doesn't even support passthrough audio?

any other xbox users having the same issue ?
hello
obv is not a big problem Smile is just for curiosity
using the english language i had not that issue, just only using italian (i haven't tried with others)

i notify that with the trasparent upgrade, but in true i have updated xbmc in the same time as well (1-2 months jump)...

now i try the latest svn build (24211) on it, with its default "languages".xml

edit: new xbmc install (another folder) build 24211, and transparency 2.01 for xbox with the xbox must be like a fresh install (all config are lost)
with the 2 default skin all ok
with trasparency and italian language i have that glitch (all fine in english)

i forgot: i dont' know what's the passtrough audio Sad
Gastone Wrote:hello
obv is not a big problem Smile is just for curiosity
using the english language i had not that issue, just only using italian (i haven't tried with others)

i notify that with the trasparent upgrade, but in true i have updated xbmc in the same time as well (1-2 months jump)...

now i try the latest svn build (24211) on it, with its default "languages".xml

edit: new xbmc install (another folder) build 24211, and transparency 2.01 for xbox with the xbox must be like a fresh install (all config are lost)
with the 2 default skin all ok
with trasparency and italian language i have that glitch (all fine in english)

i forgot: i dont' know what's the passtrough audio Sad

digital audio, like dobly 5.1 or dts over a s/pdif or hdmi connection.
Gastone Wrote:Image

ok, seems like passthrough is also available on the xbox.
i have no clue why the passthrough label is visible in the volumebar on the xbox, while it's not enabled.
it's working correctly on linux/windows.
thanks
np for delete that line from strings.xml

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
italian wrong translation0