Movie Stacking via FOLDER (not files)
Okay, I've read a thread a while back here suggesting the same thing, but I haven't seen anything about it since:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=83499

Obviously XBMC has come a long way since 2005 and can now stack files between folders instead of requiring them to be in the same one.
Anyways, the majority of my movies (the files) don't have a specific naming conventions, whereas all of my movies have specific folder names.

Take for example:
XBMC stacks based on filenames: (aka) 'movie.cd1.avi' & 'movie.cd2.avi' (etc)

The way I have it set up is most of my movies are in folders named:
'CD1' & 'CD2' // 'CD 1' & 'CD 2'
Disk 1 & Disk 2 // 'Disk1' & 'Disk2'
'Part1' & Part2' // 'Part 1' & 'Part 2'
etc, etc, etc

The filenames are usually the same in these folders, CD1's movie filename is "mean.girls.avi" and CD2's movie filename is also "mean.girls.avi"
Of course this wouldn't stack since there's no CD1/CD2 or PartA/PartB in the file names..

I know I probably typed out more than I needed and made it even more confusing..
Is there a way that I could set XBMC to stack based on Folder Names instead of file names, maybe an option in advancedsettings.xml?
(To look in a directory and search for CD1 and CD2 and CDx (etc) and stack them regardless of the filename, but based on the subfolder name?)
Changing the regex on how it scans for names might do it.
Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
Gigabyte MA78GM-U2SH Mainboard
ATI HD3200 Onboard
AMD 7750BE Dual-Core 4.00GB RAM
ATI HD3200 HDMI Sound
HTPC HMDI -> ONKYO TX-SR605 -> Panasonic TH-46PZ85U Plasma
I suppose via the <moviestacking tag I'd be able to, but I have NO idea how to work with regexp.

Do you think you'd be able to give me an example based on MovieFolder/Disk*/*.* (* = anything)
I wonder if it would stack that way.

EDIT: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=AdvancedSett...tacking.3E
Not sure if this would help anyone, I'll keep messing with it, but help is also appreciated! (:

EDIT: I tried the following in advancedsettings.xml, but it doesn't seem to do anything..
<moviestacking append="no">
<regexp>[/\\]+\b*?(?:cd|dvd|p(?:ar)t|dis[ck])[0-9 _.-]+[/\\]+[A-Z0-9.-]+.*(\....?.?)$</regexp>
</moviestacking>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie Stacking via FOLDER (not files)0