TV Show Clips
I have a bunch of clips from different TV shows. A good example is Saturday Night Live. I don't have any full episodes, but I have a bunch of individual SNL skits in individual files.

Is there any way to have these appear in the library under TV Shows? I was hoping that I could create a .nfo file for each, named identically to the video file, but with a .nfo extension, and XBMC would detect them, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Is there something I can add to advancedsettings.xml to have it add any file to the TV Shows library that has a corresponding .nfo file?

Right now it's looking like browsing my media files through the file view is the only option that's useable.
I need a solution to this as well... Is this topic dead? Anyone out there?
currently looking through all of the threads, but stopped by here first.
Any help/response would be appreciated. thanks
Jason
Yeah, there's a pretty easy way to link any video file with a tv show by creating a .nfo file with the same filename as the video file, adding a tag with the tv show's name, and getting that video/nfo pair into your media library as a movie. Can't remember the tag to put in the nfo file, but I can respond in a couple days with it once I get home and can check.
The tag is "showlink". So here's a sample .nfo file that I have for the famous Chris Farley "Matt Foley" skit:

<movie>
<title>Matt Foley, Motivational Speaker</title>
<showlink>Saturday Night Live</showlink>
</movie>

I name the nfo file the same as the video file, store it in a "clips" folder under the SNL folder (so the full path is V:\TV Shows\SNL\Clips), and set the content for that folder to Movies. Now the files in there show up in the TV Shows section of my library under SNL. One catch is that the TV show needs to have at least one actual episode or it won't show up in the TV Shows library. So if I don't actually have any episodes, I just create an empty file named S00E00.mpg, then a S00E00.nfo with this:

<episodedetails>
<title></title>
<season>0</season>
<episode>0</episode>
</episodedetails>

Since the title is empty it looks like there's no episode in the library. Works pretty well.
Dude, thanks. I never would have thought of that. I'll try that tonight when i get home from work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Show Clips0