[live] WiFi Dongle Not Recognized
Sad 
So I put XBMC Live on to my Acer Aspire Revo (old one, no integrated wireless nic) and I have a Belkin Wireless G dongle that I've used on other linux systems w/o a hitch, but I cannot connect to my network with it- when attempting to set the network device the options other than "interface device" are disabled (also occurs when running live from disk on my netbook).
I noticed that wlan0 is only available when the dongle is plugged in, so clearly it recognizes the device, but options are still disabled.
Ideas?
I thought to ssh in to it and enable wlan0, but then I remembered that it wasn't connected to the network...
Hi welcome to the forums.

The configuration of network haven't been finalized yet unfortuanatly, and in camelot this will be disabled even.

The plan is to finalize this in camelot+1. Reason for the delay is that most uses ethernet (including me who is working on wifi) which slows down the need for it, and such the commitment for the feature.

Ticket #7248 contains the progress of the wifi abstraction and addition.

But it's still possible to connect to a wlan, it's just not hooked up in XBMC GUI yet. Here is a good thread about how to do this via terminal

Cheers,
Tobias
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[live] WiFi Dongle Not Recognized0