Automatically rename and move new TV Show Episode files?
I'm using Natbur's renamer (it can watch a folder):

http://renamer.natbur.com/

It works pretty good. But it doesn't seem to be supported anymore though.
I've made some scripts which does this in python.
They're very rough, but should work for anyone that has a similiar way to organize things as me.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=60749

If you can't get them to work, just post in the thread and I'll see what I can do.
Thanks a lot!

I'm still waiting on the new Asrock Ion's. So I can't really try it out yet...
Hi Guys,

For TvRenaming (and much much more) you should try http://www.tvrename.com/

This Software can

-organise your TV show: search your hard drive for show and organise it in mulpliple folder

-Rename your Tv show: for example the.series.s01e01XVID.DIVX.MKV into The Series S01E01 (name of the episode).avi

-Find missing show: tell you automaticly witch episode you are missing

and more.

Well it is THE program to have to organise your tv show
I thought I'll just throw in my own app as well.

It is called MediaRenamer and works with both Movies and TV Shows/Episodes. I designed to need as little configuration as possible. It will search TV Shows on episodeworld.com or thetvdb.com and will remember the location of your series and seasons. It will rename and move the episode files and can create new season folders if they don't exist. It can accept command line parameters for renaming if you want to automate it or you can use the droptarget on the desktop to just drag new episodes or movies on it and they are automatically renamed and moved.
ccMatrix Wrote:...

I actually used your renamer exclusively until last week. Had I realised it supported command line arguments I wouldn't have bothered messing around with a script. That said, eventually I plan to move my automated downloading/etc to my NAS (so I dont need my PC) but it is Linux based... so maybe it wasn't the biggest waste of time ever Laugh

Anyway, just wanted to post and say thanks for MediaRenamer - served me well for a long time!
I've finally got my Asrock, and I've tried all of your suggestions (many thanks!). But none of them fit my needs.

I need something that watches the download folder for changes, and renames (and moves) the file based on the filename. The destination file format should always be the same (preferably Showname - sXXeXX - Episodename).
I think kTorrent can run a script/program when a download finishes, so in that case the script doesn't have to watch the download folder.

I've had the most luck with the .php script of Sinnocence. I've tried to edit it to my needs, but nu luck (to little experience with regular expression). Maybe someone else can give it a try?
I just posted an alpha version of my Sick Beard software which will do sorting/renaming (and more)... I've never tested it with kTorrent but if you want to try to get them to work together I'd be happy to help.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=63591
Looks very promising Big Grin I'm definitely gonna try it out!
ccMatrix Wrote:It can accept command line parameters for renaming if you want to automate it.

Where can I find a list of command line parms? I checked the wikki on the google code page with no joy and I tried running with /? and /help only to have it bomb on me.
Most played tunes last week:
XBMC + lastfm = goodness :D
@ccMatrix-
I just gave your tool a test drive; very nice. One thing I've noticed, is that the parsing has a number of issues if the input isn't exactly what you're looking for. In other words, TVRenamer, for example, generally can parse-up a filename accurately 99% of the time. In the case of MediaRenamer, there may be a few things that could be tightened.

For example, I rename my shows "SeriesName (SSxEE) Title.ext"

When MediaRenamer goes through my TV directory, noticing some files that have already been renamed to that format, it *does* parse the season/episode numbers correctly, yet the title becomes ") Title".

When it goes to rename a scene-release, it doesn't remove the extraneous naming. For example:

better.off.ted.s02e10.hdtv.xvid-2hd.avi (original "scene" name)

is identified as episode name: .hdtv.xvid-2hd

Finally, it would be good to do a Trim() on the final string before returning it, because an empty tag will leave any spaces intended to separate tags in the filename.

And one odd issue: it takes much longer than TVRenamer (over 2 minutes per episode in MediaRenamer, eventually hanging up after 8 files or so ... Versus 30 seconds for 10 episodes in TVRenamer); however, they're both using TVDB, which is theoretically the only lag. Could this be related to my running it on a 64-bit system?

Beyond that, the concept looks really great and I really like the Drop Target -- nice work!
http://tvrenamer.com/downloads

says linux: comming soon Smile

that beeing said SABnzbd+ will do all this with no problems at all.
Quote:that beeing said SABnzbd+ will do all this with no problems at all.

@Briam, I think you're missing the point of TVRenamer. It downloads the specific episode name (not simply the series name and SSxEE).

If I'm not mistaken, SABnzbd+ will *only* rename files, it does not download the episode name.
Smile 
Hey everybody,

I played around a bit to learn some Python and the result is a small command line program (.exe) that
  • expects a folder where your downloaded TV shows reside (after torrenting them) and one where they should be in (e.g. D:\Videos\TV Shows)
  • scans the folder (recursively) for completely downloaded archives (.rar, .zip, .7z, also multipart archives)
  • checks the target folder for already existing TV shows that are packed in archives, extracts those that are not unpacked already
  • moves all video files in your source folder to the specified target folder while renaming it to a format that XBMC understands (asking you for every file rename, if you like)

In short, this is an easy and fast process to correctly and automatically extract and rename your new TV shows.

I tend to run it before I'm starting XBMC so I always have the newest shows available in the media center.

You can run it in a command line of your choice or use a batch file with the following parameters:
Code:
tvnamer-v2.exe d:\Videos\SourceFolder --basepath d:\Videos\Shows
where 'basepath' is the destination for your renamed files. Source and target folder may also be the same folder.

7-zip is needed for the extraction functionality. The program will read 7-zip's installation path from the registry. If you don't have 7-zip installed the renaming will still work.

If you like what you hear, give it a try:
Download

I'm planning on adding some more functionality if requested. For now it's just tailored to my own needs.

The renaming script is based on a script I found on the web from a guy called Ben. I modified it quite heavily but lots of credit goes to him.
Sinnocence Wrote:The script is a modification of a user script posted on the sabnzbd forums. The original script was for fixing Anime filenames - I just modified bits here and there to suit my needs. The original is in the first post and my modification is in the first reply here: http://forums.sabnzbd.org/index.php?topic=1477.0

I'm not sure how uTorrent handles running scripts but if you need a .bat / .sh file you could just make a simple one to run the PHP script, e.g.:

.bat:
php -f C:\SABnzbd\scripts\tv.getname.php -- %1

.sh:
php -f C:\SABnzbd\scripts\tv.getname.php -- "$1"

Just make sure the path is wrapped in quotes if there's anything 'funny' in it. I'm sure there's probably a way to escape them automatically but since I use sabnzbd I dont need to (and so never bothered).

While I've been running this for a few weeks now and it seems fine to me I accept no responsibility for files that end up with weird names Big Grin

If you make any changes to the script, improvements/whatnot, it'd be nice if you replied on the sab forum so that we can all benefit from your additions!

You dont still happen to have a copy of that script do you? the pastebin expired and i'd really appreciate a copy.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Automatically rename and move new TV Show Episode files?0