Help! Want to disable library view for one type
Question 
Firstly - FANTASTIC WORK!! This is by far the best skin for my xbox version!Big Grin

Now I have a heap of vids and TV shows on my home server which my xbox streams flawlessly (except hd content unfortunatly). Now I name the files in a particular way so they group together - eg. James Bond - 1 - Dr No. This way I find it much easier to move around the library. Unfortunatly XBMC library sorts from the downloaded information, not file name so they jumble up. I can set file mode for "videos", but i want it set for "movies" also but not "TV Shows".

Is there a way of doing this?
ricostuart Wrote:Now I have a heap of vids and TV shows on my home server which my xbox streams flawlessly (except hd content unfortunatly). Now I name the files in a particular way so they group together - eg. James Bond - 1 - Dr No. This way I find it much easier to move around the library. Unfortunatly XBMC library sorts from the downloaded information, not file name so they jumble up.

you can use .nfo files and add a <sorttitle> tag to get those movies to sort in the correct order.
you can even group them together in a folder in the library by using the <set> tag if you want to.

ricostuart Wrote:I can set file mode for "videos", but i want it set for "movies" also but not "TV Shows".

Is there a way of doing this?

best way would be to set up your library as explained above, but if you do want to use filemode for movies you'll have to edit Includes_Home.xml
change every occurrence of:
Code:
XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideoLibrary,movietitles,return)
to:
Code:
ActivateWindow(VideoFiles,[b]Movies[/b])

where 'Movies' is the name of your Movies folder in xbmc.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Hey Ronie, is there more info on that <sorttitle> tag. I searched the wiki and the forums and nothing came up

**Edit**

I just tried "sorttitle" without the <> and this thread explains it...http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...=sorttitle
That works quite well, thanks! But is there a way of implimenting a "sort by File Name" option on the library? This would be the best option for me! Big Grin
ricostuart Wrote:That works quite well, thanks! But is there a way of implimenting a "sort by File Name" option on the library? This would be the best option for me! Big Grin

i can't help you with that. you'd have to request it in the 'xbmc feature requests' forum.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help! Want to disable library view for one type0