Problems with Library mode...
Hi guys,

I've just installed XBMC Live on my new ASRock ION 330 box, and it works great!... but, when I added my TV Show folder to the Library it scans and downloads information about the shows but no thumbs or fanart... Any suggestions ? (and yes, I have enabled the fanart and thumbs.. hehe..)

And another thing; it finds Battlestar Galatica like a old TV show from the 80ies and CSI like CSI NY. Anybody know how and if this is changeable ?

Otherwise, thanks for a great media center! ;-)
No idea about the former, but the latter can be fixed by nfo files or refreshing from the media information window.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
bsd_ Wrote:I've just installed XBMC Live on my new ASRock ION 330 box, and it works great!... but, when I added my TV Show folder to the Library it scans and downloads information about the shows but no thumbs or fanart... Any suggestions ? (and yes, I have enabled the fanart and thumbs.. hehe..)
There can be many many reasons for this. Does the skin you use support fanart and stuff properly? not all views for TV Shows, Movies, Episode lists et al shows those.

bsd_ Wrote:And another thing; it finds Battlestar Galatica like a old TV show from the 80ies and CSI like CSI NY. Anybody know how and if this is changeable?
Yes. Firstly mismatching of shows are typically caused by one of the following:
Ambiguity in your foldernames, or simply poor quality of the foldernames

Approach 1)
In your Battlestar Galactica case, I'm guessing your directory structure looks like this:
/blabla/TV Shows/Battlestar Galactica/Season X/blabla.S0XEXX.blabla.avi

Now, thats fine, but the problem is that your Battlestar Galactica is actually called Battlestar Galactica (2003). Look at http://www.thetvdb.com/ - thats the scraper XBMC uses by default.

So, rename your Battlestar Galactica folder to "Battlestar Galactica (2003)" and it should be all good.

The same goes for CSI, you need to be more specific with your folder names. Most likely your CSI should be renamed to "CSI Crime Scene Investigation".

Approach 2)
Stay in library mode, and find the show thats identified wrong. Lets take your Battlestar Galactica from the 70s or whenever.
1. Find it on the TV Show List
2. Press PLAY on your remote control (this will bring up your Context Menu)
3. Select "Edit Title"
4. Enter in the correct name (in this case: Battlestar Galatica 2003)
5. Press Done.

XBMC should now search for a list of matching shows, and hopefully display some on a list. Choose the one that makes most sense (in case it shows several).

And presto, XBMC will rescrape that TV Show with the correct metadata and such.

Personally I'd recommend Approach 1 - it's just easier to be honest.
That problem is fixed in the most recent SVN version. It fetches all the fanart for TV shows with the current development version.

Chaning library information is not possible with Linux AFAIK and it sucks Sad
May be in tvshow name is non latin symbols?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems with Library mode...0