Using Karaoke - setting up mic
I have been searching for a linux karaoke player and noticed that this is now included in XBMC. First off - THANKs devs for adding this.

However, I would like to use the microphone plug on my ubuntu box, but cannot figure out how to get the sound to come out of the speakers. I have the box connected to my receiver via optical cable and my receiver is not capable of plugging in a mic.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Mick
Question 
Hi,

I have tried to search the posts several times but could not find answer for that: is there a way to set up a microphone to for Karaoke which would use the same speakers as the rest of the system?

thanks for you advise.
I never found a solution either.
i'd love to see this if it's possible/do-able
ASRock 330HT, XBMC Eden

Running an ASRock 330 here, I'd like to be able to do this too. Did sort of manage to get it working in the Ubuntu media player, but it wasn't great - it was pretty quiet even with all the alsa settings turned right up.
I have a Revo 3610 and I'm wondering the same thing. I have a cheap little mic, plug it into the mic port, and recorded sound works in Ubuntu. I plug it in in XBMC and nothing. Do I need a different microphone or what do I need to make this work? Does anyone have a microphone that works for karaoke under Linux?
Has been discussed zillion times.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using Karaoke - setting up mic0