[REQUEST] Absolute positioning of controls (not inherited from patent)
Maybe I've just missed it but I could not figure out how to position a control absolutely on the screen. The coordinates were always relative to it's parent control. After a bit of math on the 27 different possible positions of the control I'll have it done but it'll be an ugly hack using a ton of conditionals.

Let me know if I'm completely off base here because I'm a complete noob to skinning but it seems like this would be a great addition. Maybe use tags like <absolutex> and <absolutey>.
For 99% of stuff you want things positioned relatively, thus the reason it's done that way.

Why are there 27 possibilities for the parent control anyway?

Perhaps if you let us know what it is you are wanting to do, we may be able to show you the easy way to do it?

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I have a 3 x 9 wall view that needs an info pane bar to appear at the bottom after you pause on a title for a set period of time. Then it needs to disappear immediately when the list item changes so the animation can start again for the next item.

So far I have made 27 separate controls that place the bar in the correct spot with relation to it's parent control. I've done this in the focusedlayout tag in a panel control with conditional visibility based on what row/column is selected.

I have to do it all again for the same view with a slightly different size so if you could show me an easier way I'd be forever great-full.

This is the xml as it stands now:
http://pastebin.com/f27047249
So put the info bar outside the group that holds the items.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

When I do that I can't get it to disappear when the item changes. Is there a visible condition for that?

EDIT:
I did get it to appear and disappear using the conditional but unless I can figure out a way for it to re-evaluate it's visible tag on each item change I'll still need the 27 conditionals.

EDIT2:
There's gotta be an other way. The conditionals won't make it disappear when loading the next title at the edge of the screen because the column number isn't changing.
So I got this to work with conditional visibility on the bottom info pane. I had to add a !Container.Scrolling conditional to each of the 27 column/row checks and I had to set the scroll time to 100 otherwise it wouldn't always catch that Container.Scrolling=true (still not perfect). Oddly, the xbox wouldn't use the animation for it when it was added as an include, only when each of the 27 controls had the animation code in it.

New question; Is there a way to have a control hide and re-evaluate it's visible condition each time a list item changes?

Since this is quite a bit off the original topic the new thread is here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=432668
Couldn't you use Container.OnNext / Container.OnPrevious to check the visibility condition instead of Container.Scrolling?
Apparently so according to Ronie

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=61080

I've gotta try it when I get home. Hope it works; it'll make things a ton easier.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] Absolute positioning of controls (not inherited from patent)0