• 4(current)
[LINUX] Add VAAPI (VA API) Video Acceleration API support?
hello spcmnspff can you explain howto compilig xbmc with vaapi

thank you.
Well I'm definitely no authority on that. But I can layout the jest of what I did, I guess.

1.) If missing, add a gcc build environment (I have the kernel headers also)

2.) Download and manually install (dpkg -i) the folowing deb packages from spitted desktop

a.) libva

b.) xvba-video

3.) Dowlnoad and install the ATI proprietary divers (I have 10.3) from AMD.

4.) Install subversion and download the latest XBMC svn trunk using subversion

5.) Follow the instructions in README.ubuntu. They're very clear.

You should note that the devleopers have asked people not to distribute any svn builds until the code has stabilized after a recent code merge that has nothing to do with vaapi. This also means that we are likely to encounter bugs as we compile from the svn trunk and that the devlopers do not wish to have them reported until they iron out a good portion of them themselves. The will make an anouncement on the main site when they feel ready.
Thank you very much spcmnspff
It works in Arch Linux too Smile

(Click to enlarge)
Thank you elupus for your work!!

In my design (http://www.si14.com/site/mirach-overview) I have an Atom Z530+US15W chipset.

With the latest IEGD 10.3.1 GOLD and vaapi, I can play full HD video like this:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/musicandvideo/hdvideo/contentshowcase.aspx

with mplayer-vaapi at low cpu usage: 16% mplayer + 7% Xorg. I noticed that mplayer doesn't show OSD with vaapi enable, could be due to missing vaPutImage ? Mah..

I tried with the latest (yesterday) xbmc svn and vaapi enabled. When I play a video I only obtain a black screen. Is this correct? Is it caused by vaPutImage missing?

I'm waiting for the new exciting driver from intel. Since we are intel ECA member we should receive beta version, the first program I will test will be xbmc! Wink

Regards
sala.rky:
yup that is what i get too on my poulsbo. I would be very interested to hear when you've tested the new drivers (feel free to pm me)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Hoping we can finally have xbmc box for around $100 that can do 1080P.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...-_-Product ...Perhaps remove everything except for hdmi, two usb,ethernet and add 1GB memory,sd card and power supply.
The normal XBMC log IS NOT a debug log, to enable debug logging you must toggle it on under XBMC Settings - System or in advancedsettings.xml. Use XBMC Debug Log Addon to retrieve it.
elupus Wrote:sala.rky:
yup that is what i get too on my poulsbo. I would be very interested to hear when you've tested the new drivers (feel free to pm me)

Hi elupus,
are you using gma (psb) or iedg driver? Is it possible that gma implement the missing function?
Thanks
neither support it (i was using iegd)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Hi

Actually, poulsbo drivers don't support render to pixmap (vaPutImage) but I haven't found any use of the function vaPutImage in the xbmc code. is it used internally by the libva library or xbmc, actually, renders to pixmap differently (using other functions until support exist)?

thanks
Sad 
Hello,

first of all I do not know if this is the correct spot to discuss problems with vaapi playback, please advise if i am wrong.

I experience stuttering playback with some films with vaapi enabled. I have a ATI/ADM HD3200 IGP and the latest driver (10.04) from ATI. The xvba drivers and vaapi files are also the latest ones.
XBMC version is svn 29847MS

The stuttering is more a jumping back and forth, like a old frame is reused. It is not like frames are dropped.

First log is here:http://pastebin.com/harEu8iH

LotR is jumping
12 rounds is not

If more feedback is needed, I will try to give more information.

BTW: mplayer-vaapi is playing all files fine, except for a 1080p file, which has blocky artefacts...
stupid question: how can i see decoding details? like to know if vaapi is working..
i tried to compile xbmc with vaapi but i do not get it working:

i try "./configure --enable-vaapi" when configuration finishes teh summary says: "VAAPI: no"

i´m running ubuntu lucid 64, and followed this description:

1.) If missing, add a gcc build environment (I have the kernel headers also)

2.) Download and manually install (dpkg -i) the folowing deb packages from spitted desktop

a.) libva

b.) xvba-video

3.) Dowlnoad and install the ATI proprietary divers (I have 10.3) from AMD.

4.) Install subversion and download the latest XBMC svn trunk using subversion

only change is that i use the 10.4 drivers from ati. any ideas? or can someone twell me if there is an repository with a comipled xbmc with vaapi?
you certainly need the -dev packages as well.
thanks! works now
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] Add VAAPI (VA API) Video Acceleration API support?1