Mainboard suggestion please...
Hi,

I've red so much in hardware session but as you know it is not easy to decide. Right now i am running my xbmc without a big problem. My problem is it is not easy to find suitable mainboard in my country so i will request from my friend to take it with him when he is coming from abroad. I want a micro atx mainboard as ion pcs are harder to find here. Please help me to make a choice.

1- XBMC will run under Win 7 x64 (I wish i had enough time to solve how linux works)
2- I want an hdmi entegrate main board like GE9300
3- Mostly will run 1080P MKV's. And other Standart SD videos.
4- Want to use with bluray also. (even xbmc does not support i can run it from win7)
5- I want output of HDMI with DTS-Dolby support.
6- Have plan to make streaming over network in the future.
7- No remote neccesary as i have dinovo mini and iphone
8- I am thinking of 7000 - 8000 Intel CPU but i am in a hurry to chose mainboard first. I will consult for CPU again.

Sorry for the poor english.
Songoku Wrote:Hi,

I've red so much in hardware session but as you know it is not easy to decide. Right now i am running my xbmc without a big problem. My problem is it is not easy to find suitable mainboard in my country so i will request from my friend to take it with him when he is coming from abroad. I want a micro atx mainboard as ion pcs are harder to find here. Please help me to make a choice.

1- XBMC will run under Win 7 x64 (I wish i had enough time to solve how linux works)
2- I want an hdmi entegrate main board like GE9300
3- Mostly will run 1080P MKV's. And other Standart SD videos.
4- Want to use with bluray also. (even xbmc does not support i can run it from win7)
5- I want output of HDMI with DTS-Dolby support.
6- Have plan to make streaming over network in the future.
7- No remote neccesary as i have dinovo mini and iphone
8- I am thinking of 7000 - 8000 Intel CPU but i am in a hurry to chose mainboard first. I will consult for CPU again.

Sorry for the poor english.

I'd go for an AMD motherboard with integrated graphics like Gigabyte MA785GMT-UD2H. With a quad core athlon its much cheaper than Intel.
Only problem with this, is quiet cooling for the cpu.
rather than price, running xbmc without problem is primary for me. My current Pc is nvidia based with intel cpu and i am having excellent performance with Dx builds. I am not used to use amd cpu Smile
any comments Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mainboard suggestion please...0