[Linux] Cannot enable Zeroconf
Hi,

i am not able to enable zeroconf.
The option does not exist in Settings -> Network

look at the screenshot

I build with --enable-avahi and a zeroconf.o was also created.
Manually adding the string in the config file does not help, it will be deleted on restart of xbmc.

I am running XBMC PRE-11.0 Git:20111120-6228996 from opdenkamps master git on ubuntu 11.10 (arm-v7).

Anybody an idea how to enable it?
do you have libavahi-dev installed during configure and build?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
don't have a package libavahi-dev available, but libavahi-common-dev and libavahi-client-dev

Code:
root@panda:~# dpkg -l | grep libavahi
ii  libavahi-client-dev                           0.6.30-4ubuntu1                            Development files for the Avahi client library
ii  libavahi-client3                              0.6.30-4ubuntu1                            Avahi client library
ii  libavahi-common-data                          0.6.30-4ubuntu1                            Avahi common data files
ii  libavahi-common-dev                           0.6.30-4ubuntu1                            Development files for the Avahi common library
ii  libavahi-common3                              0.6.30-4ubuntu1                            Avahi common library
ii  libavahi-compat-libdnssd1                     0.6.30-4ubuntu1                            Avahi Apple Bonjour compatibility library
ii  libavahi-core7                                0.6.30-4ubuntu1                            Avahi's embeddable mDNS/DNS-SD library
ii  libavahi-glib1                                0.6.30-4ubuntu1                            Avahi glib integration library
ii  libavahi-gobject0                             0.6.30-4ubuntu1                            Avahi GObject library
ii  libavahi-ui-gtk3-0                            0.6.30-4ubuntu1                            Avahi GTK+ User interface library for GTK3
ii  libavahi-ui0                                  0.6.30-4ubuntu1                            Avahi GTK+ User interface library

//EDIT: Configure displayed also that it will build with avahi
i tried to add manually the AirPlay and AirTunes services to avahi
via

Code:
<service>
    <type>_airplay._tcp</type>
    <port>36667</port>
  </service>
  <service>
    <type>_raop._tcp</type>
    <port>36666</port>
  </service>

bonjour browser does me also show this up, but no idevice recognize the server. Do i miss something?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Linux] Cannot enable Zeroconf0