Access a moment in the movie via progress bar
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum. Just installed xbmc on my HTPC over ubuntu 9.04 this weekend, after years of pleasure with Win XP + myHTPC + Zoomplayer.

I'm quite happy with the whole thing, except for 3 issues I'm still struggling with. I'm posting them in different threads to avoid confusion. I have spent time searching this forum to find a solution and didn't find one. Apologies if this has been covered already.

Issue 2 : I didn't find a way to access a specific moment in a video with a progress bar, like you can do in any usual player. I don't find it very convenient to just use the fast forward button, although I understand xbmc was initially designed to be controlled via an xbox pad. Any tweak required ?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Sytem : P42800HT, ATI Radeon 9100 IGP
Continued to search as no one answered this. Obviously this feature is not implemented in XBMC and is not going to in the foreseeable future. Strange, this is so useful, and all players have it. So many functionalities in XBMC, yet not this basic one.

I quickly solved all my other (small) issues in XBMC thanks to this forum, got very close to adopting this outstanding program. I'm afraid this is a deal breaker (well, I know, XBMC is free, so there is no deal).

The reason might be the X Box heritage and the game pad. However my ADSL Box (French Freebox) which includes a small hard disk and video playback is also controlled by a remote that is close to a game pad and allows to move in the timeline.

Anyway, if anyone can help me understand why this limitation remains, I'm happy to hear it. Just curious.

Thinking of moving back to XP+player+front end or to W7 MC. I'm going to lose a lot of benefits just because I need this. And I will have to give $$ to Bill. I hope he'll spend them wisely (ie vaccines in Africa rather than a tunnel between his 2 swimming pools).

Cheers
you can do small/large skips using the remote. if you want to jump to a specific point type the position using the numbers. i don't see what you are missing?
Spiff - thanks

Large skips ? That could help indeed. Didn't notice this function. I don't have a remote yet, and I'm just using the OSD. I guess I can find a keyboard shortcut. Then I will get a remote !

I will look into this, any help would be appreciated.

Hope is back !
widescreen Wrote:Spiff - thanks

Large skips ? That could help indeed. Didn't notice this function. I don't have a remote yet, and I'm just using the OSD. I guess I can find a keyboard shortcut. Then I will get a remote !

I will look into this, any help would be appreciated.

Hope is back !

try up and down on the keyboard.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Access a moment in the movie via progress bar0