xbmc live and windows 7
Hi,

I am about to setup my new XBMC system. Till now I have been using xbmc on the Xbox 1. But now it's time to upgrade since it can't do a great job of playing HD movies. So after reading this post, I have just purchased the "beefier" sibling that has windows 7.

From what I understand this system is not going to come with a Windows 7 cd, it will have it pre-installed, with a partition for restoring the system. I would like to leave windows 7 on the hard drive, so that I can watch netflix, hulu and finally when i get an external Blu ray drive, i can watch bluray as well. For the rest of my media center, I would like to use XBMC live.

So, I finally come to my question and would love to hear your comments/suggestions.

Should I try for the dual boot option, so that at start up I can decide the operating system i want to load. (I'll probably leave XBMC to be the default)

Or the second option that I am now considering based on some articles I read is that I can load XBMC live on to a USB flash drive. So, when the drive is inserted I get XBMC, else I get Windows 7. I like this option because it seems simple and I don't have to make many changes to the system.

What do you think, any pros/cons please?

Thank you very much.
I'm runnning my "production" HTPC from an USB drive (and no other OS on the internal drive). Apart from a 5 seconds additional boot time I can't see any other drawbacks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc live and windows 70