Remote fast scroll through Library
Hi,

I've successful installed XBMC on Ubuntu, on a Antec Fusion case (with remote - Harmony 525).

All buttons work properly!

The only "problem" i'm having is fast scrolling through my media files.

When I'm in a list of 500 movies, and I use the 'Down' button on the keyboard, after a delay the scrolling goes faster, which comes handy!

But when I use the remote control 'Down' button, this doesn't happens... how can this be done?

Kind Regards!
I think you might be able to adjust this with the software for the remote control. I've got a Harmony One, and I remember some settings for how fast it repeats a command or something.

Alternatively - and I don't know if you already knew this, because it's very handy for my movie collection. If you press in letters (like on your mobile), ex. press 5 two times, I'll jump to every title that starts with K, or 3x7 to jump to titles beginning with R.

Anyway, the above thing isn't really a solution, just a tip if you didn't know about that one Smile

Edit:
Just fired up the Harmony Remote Software-thingy. Again, I don't know if this is the issue, but it's worth a shot I think:
1) Go to the Devices Tab
2) Find the device that represents your XBMC Machine (Windows Media Center in my case)
3) Press Settings
4) Choose Adjust the delays (speed settings) - press next.
5) Make sure it says 0 in both Inter-key Delay and Input Delay.

(I don't think you should mess with the Inter-device delay.)

If this doesn't help (or the settings are already 0/0), then it's probably either a LIRC issue, or something with your IR Dongle. What brand of IR Dongle do you use?
I changed the settings in the Logitech program... nothing changed.

Even the letters don't work... Strange Smile

I found something else, when using a MediaStream Mod as Skin, I should shift to left, and there is a focus on the scrollbar. Now I can scroll by letter, which is analog to what I wanted Smile faster scrollin'

Thx for your advice!
Hello,
I have the same "problem" :
- when I use a keyboard : fast scrolling with long press
- when I use remote (with hdmi-cec) : slow scrolling
Any news on this "problem"?
Any luck to find a workaround with introduction of "long press" support on Jarvis ?
Best regards

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote fast scroll through Library0