SVN 21930, problem scraping thumbs and fanart for TV Series
I've been having problems scraping fanart and thumbs... is there an updated scraper I should be using? By problems I mean: it connects and starts downloading the thumbs, but then it shows them as "empty". If I select them there's no picture.
Maybe the same as this: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=61284 ?

In case it's not something "already known and easily solvable", let me know and I'll post the full log. Currently at work, can't do it now.
I have no problem with camelot alpha1 using the tvdb scrapper.
I tried reloading a show and plots, episode thumbs, show poster and fanart are ok.
Not much of a help for your issue, sorry. Maybe try a new install (that's what I've done for camelot).
Question 
ashlar Wrote:I've been having problems scraping fanart and thumbs... is there an updated scraper I should be using? By problems I mean: it connects and starts downloading the thumbs, but then it shows them as "empty". If I select them there's no picture.

I've been experiencing the same problem.
Movie thumbs and fanart working perfectly.
As for tv shows, all information is received and visible but no thumbs or fanart. Then I refresh but still nothing, when I try to choose fanart it says downloading thumbnail but nothing happens. Even when I select a random "downloading thumbnail" it starts to download the complete fanart, but doesn't...
Using latest stable XBMC with Vista

Any1 got any ideas?
Same problem here too. Was running an older release but upgraded to the latest alpha release to attempt a fix (ie problem occurs across different releases).

The problem seems to be restricted to new TV shows, existing show can download thumbs ok.

Have tried changing skin and default scrapper site with no success.
All of these reported problems would be more easily solvable if a debug log was provided. See my sig for how to post a problem when using XBMC for Windows.
I found after doing a reload of the TV show (and using the latest 9.11 alpha release) that I could get the thumbnails and fanart functionality to work.
natethomas Wrote:All of these reported problems would be more easily solvable if a debug log was provided. See my sig for how to post a problem when using XBMC for Windows.
Sorry Thomas. When I first reported it I thought that maybe it could have been a known problem I somehow missed.
Since it's not that, I'll try to provide a log ASAP.
fletma Wrote:I found after doing a reload of the TV show (and using the latest 9.11 alpha release) that I could get the thumbnails and fanart functionality to work.
What do you mean by "doing a reload of the TV show"?
Ashlar,

What I did was highlight the TV show I was having a problem with, then hit the Info button to pull up the show context menu. From there you select "TV Show Information", and from there you cam amongst other things choose the thumbnail and fanart, instead select the 'reload' option instead. It will prompt if you for the tv show name usually you can just hit enter, then it will ask you if you want to reload all the episode infomation again, I selected No but I imagine you could select Yes and get the same result. No should be the quicker option.

Once it is completed reloaded you should find that you have a thumbnail assuming one exists for the show, you can then change as per normal without any problems as well as the fanart.

I was using the 9.11 alpha build when I did this so I'm not sure how it will work with different versions.

Good luck.
What I have found is that thetvdb.com has been down for days, and, at least for the builds I have used, changing the scrapers in the settings and source still results in thetvdb being used (I know this by watching the debug logs). I would love to know how to change it, I'm also waiting on a reply - our problem seems to be that we can't change the scraper away from thetvdb.com.
Same here. Changing scrapers seems to work, but results in few or no shows/episodes found. Setting it to TVRAges makes the "looking for content' screen appear and dissapear again in under one second.

The TV.com setting seems to get the information, but it only provides me with posters for 2 of my 9 shows and a line with some <font> markup code in between them.
thetvdb ran into a problem when someone in the data center they are in turned up a server farm and blew out the power circuit which obviously took everyone on that circuit down.
they werent able to get anyone in till monday (tomorrow) and expect to be back up some time tomorrow after the circuit gets fixed.

im running into the same problems with scraping stuff as far as not getting much data as well as tons of problems with dvd vs. aired order stuff.... which i cant seem to find another scraper that supports it...and has it actually working... are there any?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SVN 21930, problem scraping thumbs and fanart for TV Series0