• 42(current)
[ANN] OpenELEC.tv - very small and fast booting Embedded Linux Distribution with XBMC
Evanrich Wrote:what does IRW say when you run it, and press keys on your remote? does it register every key press?

IRW doesn´t seem to register every buttonpress, however the red indicator light at receiver blinks indicating that command has been received every time I press a remote button. With same hardware and Dharma RC1 it works allright.

With short buttonpresses like this:

root ~ # irw
67 0 KEY_UP devinput
67 0 KEY_UP_UP devinput
67 0 KEY_UP devinput
67 0 KEY_UP_UP devinput
6c 0 KEY_DOWN devinput
6c 0 KEY_DOWN_UP devinput
6a 0 KEY_RIGHT devinput
6a 0 KEY_RIGHT_UP devinput

And occasionally when I hold down remote button like this:

67 0 KEY_UP devinput
67 1 KEY_UP devinput
67 2 KEY_UP devinput
67 3 KEY_UP devinput
67 4 KEY_UP devinput
67 5 KEY_UP devinput
67 6 KEY_UP devinput
67 7 KEY_UP devinput

However this latter behaviour doesn´t occur every time I hold down a button. Most of the times theres those two separate commands like this:

67 0 KEY_UP devinput
67 0 KEY_UP_UP devinput
67 0 KEY_UP devinput
67 0 KEY_UP_UP devinput
67 0 KEY_UP devinput
67 0 KEY_UP_UP devinput
67 0 KEY_UP devinput
67 0 KEY_UP_UP devinput
Odroid C2 running CoreElec
BoxFreak Wrote:IRW doesn´t seem to register every buttonpress, however the red indicator light at receiver blinks indicating that command has been received every time I press a remote button. With same hardware and Dharma RC1 it works allright.

With short buttonpresses like this:

root ~ # irw
67 0 KEY_UP devinput
67 0 KEY_UP_UP devinput
67 0 KEY_UP devinput
67 0 KEY_UP_UP devinput
6c 0 KEY_DOWN devinput
6c 0 KEY_DOWN_UP devinput
6a 0 KEY_RIGHT devinput
6a 0 KEY_RIGHT_UP devinput

And occasionally when I hold down remote button like this:

67 0 KEY_UP devinput
67 1 KEY_UP devinput
67 2 KEY_UP devinput
67 3 KEY_UP devinput
67 4 KEY_UP devinput
67 5 KEY_UP devinput
67 6 KEY_UP devinput
67 7 KEY_UP devinput

However this latter behaviour doesn´t occur every time I hold down a button. Most of the times theres those two separate commands like this:

67 0 KEY_UP devinput
67 0 KEY_UP_UP devinput
67 0 KEY_UP devinput
67 0 KEY_UP_UP devinput
67 0 KEY_UP devinput
67 0 KEY_UP_UP devinput
67 0 KEY_UP devinput
67 0 KEY_UP_UP devinput

that looks normal, as the "Key_UP" event is your "up" key being pressed, and then the "Key_UP_UP" is when it detects you release the button (button goes back "up"). my harmony 550 does the same exact thing, except my buttons are triplicated for some reason.

You may need to look at tweaking the lirc profile to allow for more/less time between presses, unfortunately I am not a lirc expert so I can't tell you what exactly to change, but looking at your IRW results it would appear like your remote is functioning normal.

On a side note, it may be that the remote commands are being received by LIRC/IRW correctly, but then the eventlirc program is missing reads. I am not too familiar with it so I unfortunately can't help you much there.

Sorry.
Board: Zotac ION-A-U Case: M350 Mini ITX Memory: 4GB Patriot PC6400 OS: XBMC on OpenELEC.tv build 6936 on a Corsair 32GB SSD Media Storage: W2K8 running on 14TB RAID 5 on an Asrock board w/ AMD Athlon X2 250 and PERC 6/I controller w/ 8 Samsung HD204UI Green drives Time to interface from power switch: 22.4 seconds.
Hi,

sorry for waiting on me :-)

Evanrich Wrote:On a side note, it may be that the remote commands are being received by LIRC/IRW correctly, but then the eventlirc program is missing reads. I am not too familiar with it so I unfortunately can't help you much there.

Sorry.

I think this is more an "feature" integrated in eventlircd. I have already contacted the author to make this optional.

eventlircd has a function (begins http://code.google.com/p/eventlircd/sour...put.c#1092) to increase the the scrolling speed "smoothly" if you hold a button. also after releasing the button there will be some more repeats. with the standard values the scrolling speed is very slow compared to the use of lirc (optimized to MythTV, because the author is the creator from minimyth too). i have changed some of this values so it is now faster... maybe the changes are not very optimal too. I will wait for an answer from the author, if its possible to deactivate this.
greetings, Stephan

sraue Wrote:Hi,

sorry for waiting on me :-)

Thats OK. I had plenty of time to spam about my problem on every forum... Wink

I just want to make sure that I can describe the problem correctly; if I press remote button / buttons for example five times, irw recognizes only 1-3 of them and so does the GUI. Receiver´s indicator however blinks every time. And there doesn´t seem to be any signifigance how rapidly I press the buttons. So it definately seems that theres some difference in ir-command-handling between openelec and "official xbmc".

I like this openelec better than Dharma RC1 cause it´s so light and fast. This is only major problem I´m having with it...
Odroid C2 running CoreElec
Hey Stephan,

what do we need to compile our own builds? I'd really like to try tvheadend with your release, but not sure what distro/etc i need to start building the source.

If you can help me out, I'd be happy to start posting builds for others to download as well.
Board: Zotac ION-A-U Case: M350 Mini ITX Memory: 4GB Patriot PC6400 OS: XBMC on OpenELEC.tv build 6936 on a Corsair 32GB SSD Media Storage: W2K8 running on 14TB RAID 5 on an Asrock board w/ AMD Athlon X2 250 and PERC 6/I controller w/ 8 Samsung HD204UI Green drives Time to interface from power switch: 22.4 seconds.
Smile 
Hi

Evanrich Wrote:Hey Stephan,

what do we need to compile our own builds? I'd really like to try tvheadend with your release, but not sure what distro/etc i need to start building the source.

If you can help me out, I'd be happy to start posting builds for others to download as well.

http://www.openelec.tv/forum/20-developm...tarted#837
greetings, Stephan

Hi sraue,

Thanks for all your help and effort.

I am having a bit of trouble on my xs35gt getting suspend and resume working from the remote (mce remote).

Do you know how to fix this? I think people with the live build's edited the rc.local file to allow power to the usb sockets as follows

# usb: enable wakeup on front (bluetooth) and back port (keyboard)
echo EUSB > /proc/acpi/wakeup
echo USB2 > /proc/acpi/wakeup

and then also this

sudo nano /etc/pm/config.d/00_unload_jmeenter following and save

Code:
SUSPEND_MODULES="jme"Now we have to load module after resume, unfortunately pm-utils doesn't automatically take care of it.

Code:
sudo nano /etc/pm/sleep.d/00_load_jmeenter following and save

Code:
#!/bin/sh
case $1 in
resume)
/sbin/modprobe jme
;;
thaw)
/sbin/modprobe jme
;;
esac

How do we do the same on openelec?

Thanks
Hi Carvergio,

as already posted in the other topic, you can leave the "sudo" from your commands, because through SSH on Openelec you're already logged in as root.

Your commands would be like:

Code:
nano /etc/rc.local

Paste the following:

Quote:# usb: enable wakeup on front (bluetooth) and back port (keyboard)

Ctrl+X (save your file when asked)

then:

Code:
nano /etc/pm/config.d/00_unload_jme

Paste the following:

Quote:SUSPEND_MODULES="jme"

then:

Code:
nano /etc/pm/sleep.d/00_load_jme

Paste the following:

Quote:#!/bin/sh
case $1 in
resume)
/sbin/modprobe jme
;;
thaw)
/sbin/modprobe jme
;;
esac

As I do not know if it will work, I only used your input to make it more understandable. If it will work, we would like to here it, so we can use this info to help others with the exact same problem.
I tried installing your system stephan, I had some issues with my keyboard also ...
It did not pick up my remote somehow ( I have a gyration ).
So I just installed the live xbmc distro, and it worked out of the box.
Also it would be nice if you could pop in a browser, if these 2 things would work, I would definately opt for your system! Boot time is fantastic, small build, memory usage is better, ...
Don't know if sabnzbd would be installable on your system since you don't have r/w access to the root partition?
Homepage seems to be down Sad
And it's back up again Smile
supahfly Wrote:I tried installing your system stephan, I had some issues with my keyboard also ...
It did not pick up my remote somehow ( I have a gyration ).
So I just installed the live xbmc distro, and it worked out of the box.
Also it would be nice if you could pop in a browser, if these 2 things would work, I would definately opt for your system! Boot time is fantastic, small build, memory usage is better, ...
Don't know if sabnzbd would be installable on your system since you don't have r/w access to the root partition?

Hi Supahfly, I don't think there will be an browser added in the future. Openelec is basicly build as a fast and easy to install media center which is very small. About your remote, I've checked the site, but it is unclear if it is MCE certified, they only state that it is "Certified for Windows Vista™ Premium / Ultimate editions with "green button" support", which could explain why it doesn't work out of the box.
Vista certified is MCE remote.... CIR device, there are no other remote types for windows anything that arent MCE.

Quote:# usb: enable wakeup on front (bluetooth) and back port (keyboard)

whats the hell is EUSB?
Can those of you having problems accessing the site, send me a PM? Trying to iron out the remaining bugs after the server move.
therionate Wrote:Hi Supahfly, I don't think there will be an browser added in the future. Openelec is basicly build as a fast and easy to install media center which is very small. About your remote, I've checked the site, but it is unclear if it is MCE certified, they only state that it is "Certified for Windows Vista™ Premium / Ultimate editions with "green button" support", which could explain why it doesn't work out of the box.

Well it worked out of the box with the live distro ...
Perhaps I can start to fiddle with building my own from scratch from the source code ... I'll see if I find the time somewhere.
About the firefox, I think it will add an extra feature that many would like.
Just my 0.02$
  • 42(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ANN] OpenELEC.tv - very small and fast booting Embedded Linux Distribution with XBMC8