1080p with XBMC and NVidia ION (EEEBox EB1012)
Hi,

I recently got my ASUS EEEBox EB1012 (N330, ION), installed Win7 Professional (x64) on it. I already got the latest NVidia-drivers, but when I try to run FullHD-MKVs on XBMC the video jutters. With Media Player Classic everything's fine.

I already tried all available render methods: Advanced Shaders (GLSL), Basic Shaders (ARB), Software and Auto.

Is there a solution for this? Thanks.
Levi Wrote:Is there a solution for this? Thanks.

Not at the moment. The Windows build doesn't support hardware offload, and the Atom isn't powerful enough to decode 1080p.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:Not at the moment. The Windows build doesn't support hardware offload, and the Atom isn't powerful enough to decode 1080p.

Thanks. What about the External Player Support? Would this work?
Yes, I have external player support working on Camelot A1 with Asrock ION 330, playing full 1080p. I thought about writing a full guide, but starting with the wiki is a good starting point.

/Ole
eloo Wrote:I thought about writing a full guide

I wouldn't mind. Smile
XBMC live or XBMC on linux would also be an option, then you can use vdpau hardware acceleration.
You are also welcome to be a guinea pig for tiben's windows dsplayer build.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=61355&page=3
Is the above still the case? - XBMC wont play 720p and 1080p on an Asus EEE Box EB 1012 on a WINDOWS platform?
Yup, still valid.
or add a crystal hd card..
stevemac24 Wrote:Is the above still the case? - XBMC wont play 720p and 1080p on an Asus EEE Box EB 1012 on a WINDOWS platform?

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=1080p_playba...ses_frames

JR
Is this problem fixed with the new Dharma beta?
Can XBMC 10 play HD vids on Windows while running on an Asus EEE EB1012?
Yes.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
1080p with XBMC and NVidia ION (EEEBox EB1012)0