Will installing xbmc in this way on an ASRock Ion 330 be difficult?
Hi,

I'm considering purchasing an ASRock Ion 330 to use as a HTPC running XBMC on Linux. However, I've got a few issues and questions that may make installing XBMC difficult:

1. I am currently using an old TV with only SCART and RCA inputs. I've found a number of cheap VGA to RCA converters online. Has anyone had experience using these with Linux/XBMC?

2. My second challenge is that I do not have access to any LCD or CRT's so will need to complete the installation either via SSH and/or with the ASRock connected directly to the television (via the VGA to RCA connection). Is this possible? Has anyone done this before?

3. Finally, I'm also hoping to have the ASRock act as my main file server and as a torrent server. I've been thinking of a number of possibilities - namely running the torrent app in a remote desktop session so it doesnt interfere with XBMC. Any general recommendations from those doing this now?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
1. I am currently using an old TV with only SCART and RCA inputs. I've found a number of cheap VGA to RCA converters online. Has anyone had experience using these with Linux/XBMC?
>> A few of my old customers used this with mixed results - mainly not so good. The problem they typically had was bad ghosting of images, blury or smeared images. However a few of them had no problems, only way you are going to find out is by trying.

2. My second challenge is that I do not have access to any LCD or CRT's so will need to complete the installation either via SSH and/or with the ASRock connected directly to the television (via the VGA to RCA connection). Is this possible? Has anyone done this before?
>> Assuming you can get the adaptor to work then this should work.

3. Finally, I'm also hoping to have the ASRock act as my main file server and as a torrent server. I've been thinking of a number of possibilities - namely running the torrent app in a remote desktop session so it doesnt interfere with XBMC. Any general recommendations from those doing this now?
>> Plenty of options, google around. Lots of apps that will run it the background.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Will installing xbmc in this way on an ASRock Ion 330 be difficult?0