[MAC] 9.11 slower than 9.04 on PPC 1.67GHz
Hi all,

First thanks for this great software. It's making the HDTV expirience on my PowerBook G4 reality(at least 720p).
So here are my observations with the new 9.11 build (same problem on alpha1 and alpha2)
I have PowerBook G4 17" 1.67GHz processor, 2GB RAM, Ati Radeon 9700.
I was playing a few HDTV trailers(G.I. Joe, Ninja Assasin) that are 1080p.
What I saw is a few frames dropped with 9.04 and the sound was going with the picture.
Then I tried 9.11(both) and what I saw was noticable more frames dropped and the sound was not synchronized with the picture(was played ahead of it).
And for now on, I'm using 9.04.

I was wondering, do you guys make use of PPC AltiVec engine, because there are at least 13GFlops power behind it(according to my XBench test, which is not far behind the C2D processing power, according again to my XBench on my privious MacBook Pro)
Anyway, the OpenGL support is incredible, so thank you again.
Hope my post helps.
A.P.
You can try to enable "Sync playback to display" in Videos settings and change the A/V sync method.
But I just think a PowerBook G4 doesn't have enough CPU for 1080p. So don't expect miracle...
xbmc.log: /Users/<username>/Library/Logs/xbmc.log
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Beenje Wrote:You can try to enable "Sync playback to display" in Videos settings and change the A/V sync method.
But I just think a PowerBook G4 doesn't have enough CPU for 1080p. So don't expect miracle...

Yea, thanks. This helped a little bit, but still 1080p on PowerBook G4 17" 1.67GHz , 2GB RAM, Ati Radeon 9700 with even the new 9.11 Beta 1 is worse than 9.04. I see even 720p is worse now Smile
I'm java developer myself, and I'm wondering, is there anyway I may help you on this PPC xbmc Smile
Thanks for your awesome job!
Angel
paraflow Wrote:Yea, thanks. This helped a little bit, but still 1080p on PowerBook G4 17" 1.67GHz , 2GB RAM, Ati Radeon 9700 with even the new 9.11 Beta 1 is worse than 9.04. I see even 720p is worse now Smile
I'm java developer myself, and I'm wondering, is there anyway I may help you on this PPC xbmc Smile
Thanks for your awesome job!
Angel

Learn C/C++ and dive in Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MAC] 9.11 slower than 9.04 on PPC 1.67GHz0