"Scanning for new content" takes forever...
I just updated xbmc to latest svn and noticed that now scanning for new content when updating the database (without any changes) takes up to 5min in my machine. Before (svn 24161) it took a couple of seconds. Note that there is nothing to update in the db Huh

Is this a known issue? Here is a log in case it helps...

regards,
pilluli Wrote:I just updated xbmc to latest svn and noticed that now scanning for new content when updating the database (without any changes) takes up to 5min in my machine. Before (svn 24161) it took a couple of seconds. Note that there is nothing to update in the db Huh

Is this a known issue? Here is a log in case it helps...

regards,

Same problem here, most likely because thetvdb.com is down.
I could scan my movies (themoviedb.com) and mp3 (allmusic) fine, just the tvseries left, waiting for thetvdb to come back..

Quote:C:\Documents and Settings\lamatop>ping http://www.thetvdb.com

Pinging thetvdb.com [208.76.155.58] with 32 bytes of data:

Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 208.76.155.58:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

C:\Documents and Settings\lamatop>
ynwa
Right, disabled the tvdb lookups for the moment.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
thanks, that seems to be the cause!
Same problem here. If I switch to a different TV scraper in the meantime, will that mess anything up?
@Neepawa
Screw things up no, but the TVdb is the better site out of all of them.

Is the moviedb.com down also? I saw on the TVdb.com site that they should be back up by Monday...
If i use media info plus to scrape all the info for tv eps... how do i bypass this in xbmc so i can add my shows without having to wait 10 hrs... i've been trying to add tv folder for over 2 hrs now and its on episode 5 of the first show first season. I do understand theres something up with thetvdb.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Scanning for new content" takes forever...0