Cannot change the TV scraper away from thetvdb (which is down)
Hi,

thetvdb.com has been down for at least a few days, and I have been trying in vain to get XBMC to stop using it as the TV scraper. You name it, I've tried it, including a fresh install. Changed the default scraper and the source scraper setting.. but the debug log says it times out contacting thetvdb! Why?

On top of that, XBMC is running at around 60% CPU.. I trust all relevant info is in this debug log..
1. You're running a version that's old (Babylon 9.04.1 by the looks)
2. Some of the other scrapers may be using thetvdb.com's images.

Have you tried (backing up first) deleting your videodatabase file entirely? It'll be in your UserData/Database folder, inside %APPDATA%/XBMC

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I just ran it without the -p, still used thetvdb, then re-added the -p, and it has finally come right! No idea why, I reckon I've tried that at least 3 times already.

Still idling at 60% CPU though, all is not well....
jmarshall Wrote:1. You're running a version that's old (Babylon 9.04.1 by the looks)
2. Some of the other scrapers may be using thetvdb.com's images.

Have you tried (backing up first) deleting your videodatabase file entirely? It'll be in your UserData/Database folder, inside %APPDATA%/XBMC

Cheers,
Jonathan
Thanks Jonathan,

That's odd, I completely uninstalled and reinstalled several times? I swear the installer is the latest release, as of yesterday (XBMC_for_Windows-9.04.1-repack2).. It can't have uninstalled properly.. any tips on how to completely clear the install?

And I think you are dead right about the TVDB images, I did just trial a folder by deleting all .nfo, .tdb and .jpg files, and it seems to have gone through ok.. but the fact that it is running so badly and using so much CPU must be due to errors in uninstalling the old version? I'll try to clear it from the registry too.. it's just not running right.
That's the latest stable. It's 7 months old.

The latest release is Camelot Alpha 2.

If you had .nfo files then they were probably pointing to thetvdb...

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

OK thanks.. still running at 60% CPU though - it used to sit on about 12%. I wonder what it's doing..
thetvdb.com still down!
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot change the TV scraper away from thetvdb (which is down)0