Follow track in list view
Hi

I have an "old" installation of xbmc.

Code:
xbmc@xbmc:~$ dpkg -l | grep xbmc
ii  xbmc                                       9.04~beta1svn19641-hardy1      The Full XBMC meta package
ii  xbmc-common                                9.04~beta1svn19641-hardy1      XBMC common package
ii  xbmc-skin-pm3-hd                           9.04~beta1svn19641-hardy1      XBMC PM3 HD skin package
ii  xbmc-web-pm3                               9.04~beta1svn19641-hardy1      XBMC Webserver Project Mahem III skin packag

I am really happy with it, everything works great. The only thing I do not like is, that in the list view (music) the focus do not change when track change. That means, if I listen music and a track is finished, next track is playing but the cover and the focus (grey bar) do not change.

Is it possible to change this? I think I have to change the Viewtype_List.xml but I do not know how!? Could someone help me please? Thanks!

This is the view I am talking about:

I asked a similar thing once too. See Hitchers reply in this thread. It makes the currently playing item in the list highlighted in blue.
Thanks. But my idea is, that if the track changes, the grey bar and also the cover changes (focus is always on the now playing track). I do not know if it is possible, but it would be great!
iddqd Wrote:Thanks. But my idea is, that if the track changes, the grey bar and also the cover changes (focus is always on the now playing track). I do not know if it is possible, but it would be great!
It's not how XBMC works.

You can do as above and have the playing item a different colour but you can't get XBMC to focus on the now playing item.
Hitcher Wrote:It's not how XBMC works.

Ok, thanks. So it isn't a skin thing, it's a xbmc "problem"?
iddqd Wrote:Ok, thanks. So it isn't a skin thing, it's a xbmc "problem"?

It is no "problem", changing the actual behaviour to the one you suggest would cause several other severe problems.
Topic was discussed in the forum already some time ago.
Changing the cover image to show the nowplaying cover would work though.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
temmi2000 Wrote:It is no "problem", changing the actual behaviour to the one you suggest would cause several other severe problems.
Topic was discussed in the forum already some time ago.

Of course it's no a problem, but I couldn't find another word, sorry... but that's the reason for the "" Rolleyes

temmi2000 Wrote:Changing the cover image to show the nowplaying cover would work though.

Is this possible? In combination with the hint from snowdrift/Hitcher this could be a good solution.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Follow track in list view0