[LIVE]how to keep settings?
Every time I upgrade LIVE, I loose all my previous settings. How does the Home folder work?

Do I create a second file in the home folder for keymaps and the such? Will my home folder override the /usr/share folder? Live has 2 directory structures going on. How do the two structures work together? I keep modifying /usr/share/xmbc files just to have to re-modify them later.
are you using a HDD install, or USB key? on hdd, there should be a /home/.xbmc folder, this is where you should save stuff. if you're using USB keys, I think those get treated like "CD's" and don't keep persistent changes.
Board: Zotac ION-A-U Case: M350 Mini ITX Memory: 4GB Patriot PC6400 OS: XBMC on OpenELEC.tv build 6936 on a Corsair 32GB SSD Media Storage: W2K8 running on 14TB RAID 5 on an Asrock board w/ AMD Athlon X2 250 and PERC 6/I controller w/ 8 Samsung HD204UI Green drives Time to interface from power switch: 22.4 seconds.
I am using a HD. I am trying to figure out how to organize things and what I need to back up.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE]how to keep settings?0