• 12(current)
Ellipsis Beta One - Released Friday 4th December 2009
Big Grin 
This is great work, Blackbolt, EqUiNoX, Jezz-X, and to whoever else helped out.
It is fast, and great looking. Style and substance.
I run a folder of tiny thumbnails as background images, slide showing behind the
transparency. With Cerberus running, it is a gorgeous. A classy, polished look.

The Time theme is a nice splash of color, and a neat idea.
Turning off the Text. Love that.
The Icons, fonts, all of it looks correct.

Fast. This is so critical on the Xbox, and is a big part what I have
loved and admired about the great work that is XBMC for so long.
Zero resources by today's standard, and all this stuff magically works,
jumping like I am on a Dual Xeon.

Appreciated details:
The sounds, with nicely reduced volume, logically sound when something is selected,
not when scanning across every item on screen.

The Nav screen, jump off from Music to Videos.
The build number on the Nav screen.
Mmmm The. Build. Number.

Basic functions are missing in many skins, shutdown options/timer
and file manager are pet peeves, all there.

The extended info screen, the button discretely added
to the bottom pane row in the settings window,
not cluttering up the Home screen choices.
Nice details.

I do not remember seeing this much info before?
I just clicked through PMIII, the gold standard, and
it appears you have upped the ante.
This could be a proper number one, in fact this may
be a first, a tech reason to switch Out of PMIII ...
Always had to do the reverse, for some reason or another.

Navigation has been made simple, not an easy trick.
It was instantly familiar, without being the same.
I know XBMC very well, yet I get lost in some skins.
This felt familiar very quickly.
So, that aspect of your goal was definitely achieved.

I have more, but for now I just wanted to express my
appreciation and thanks for what you folks have done here,
and especially that you make it work on my old Box.

It is great work, thanks for sweating the details.
Thanks.
Nod
Gongrats to the team for coming this far !
Love this skin, it's so easy and logical to navigate. The fonts
are nice and big so it's easy to read all the info. Love the Red/green color
on the ok and cancel buttons.

This is prolly gonna be my default skin. Prolly mentioned
but i dont have the time to read through all the post's Wink

When you have activated locks, the default selected item in the numerical
keypad is "5". This is not logical, since i use the remote to type in the numerical password and just hit OK button. Now this results in typing in the character 5. So the default selected item should be "OK/ENTER"

Should be added a delay for the fanart when scrolling trough the library items. As it is now it's so slow that it is not usable since it loads each fanart directly when you switch items. By adding a delay of say 3 seconds the scrolling would be much smoother.

Beeing a beta and this to are my only main concerns it's some great work !!
Looking forward to next rel. Btw is there some place you keep track of all bugs/todo things ? Would be easier for us to check against such a list
before reporting in stuff. Browsing trough all these forum posts is a pain Wink

Good luck team and again thanks for a great skin !!
PointOfView Nvidia ION Atom 330 - TRANSCEND 2GB DDR2 DIMM 800MHz - G.SKILL 64GB SSD 2.5
Open Elec Beta4 1.95.4
XBMC Online Manual - HOW-TO post about a problem in a useful manner - Create/View Bug Report
Setup/Fix correct resolution on XBMC/Ubuntu - Usefull linux terminal commands
I agree with the above it should be default on "ok/enter"
Blackbolt Wrote:When we release another update we should be adding a lot more view types.

Then we hope for a fast update. I need banner view for tv series.

but.. AWESOME skin! it will be standard forever!

and that intro video is a great idea!
Thanks kindly for all the feedback and ideas we've had so far, theres been so many additional ideas we've had thanks to public consumption that we could never have thought of on our own.

Ellipsis 1.0 is looking like it could be a couple of months away, thats with all the new view types in there, including possibley 2 different Banner views, one abstract and one straight up one. This doesn't mean we wont be releasing bug fix builds in the mean time. We do have a new build planned for the next few weeks, Beta 1.2. We're addressing unicode font issues, red/green button font visiability issues and a few other fixes. One major addition is a delay to fanart in the library modes. This helps to stop the slow navigation for people with hundreds of movies and fanart enabled. I am sure there are some other fixes too that I've forgotten but its late.

Myself and Equinox took a well deserved full time break over the holiday period, our first in over a year! I've almost forgotten how to make skins now! Tongue But once we get back into normal routine, we will begin work on the update to Beta 1.2 and ultimately working towards Ellipsis Final 1.0 build.

If you have any further questions don't hesitate to ask. Now that we're back from our break we'll be answering questions more frequentley.
Team Blackbolt - Digital Design
Twitter.com/TeamBlackbolt | TeamBlackbolt.co.uk
Amazing !!!!!

Smooth .... i love the black style .......

Now is my oficial skin

Waiting for TV Show's banners support

Cheers for all team !
Congratulations !
Hi Guys,

I love the concept of the skin but on my system the background is heavily pixelated. Not as slick as in the demos.

I am running on a NVidia GTX285 with Intel i7 at 720p

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Rix
richos Wrote:Hi Guys,

I love the concept of the skin but on my system the background is heavily pixelated. Not as slick as in the demos.

I am running on a NVidia GTX285 with Intel i7 at 720p

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Rix

Yes, its the way it gets packed in the XBT or XPR, I was only just made aware of this, so our next release will make sure that background image is not compressed, it will be loose in the media folder so its not pixelated anymore.
Blackbolt Wrote:Yes, its the way it gets packed in the XBT or XPR, I was only just made aware of this, so our next release will make sure that background image is not compressed, it will be loose in the media folder so its not pixelated anymore.

Excellent thanks!

Cheers,

Richo
mnegrisoli Wrote:Amazing !!!!!

Smooth .... i love the black style .......

Now is my oficial skin

Waiting for TV Show's banners support

Cheers for all team !
Congratulations !

YES!
Same over here. This skin is definetely a master piece.
I would also like to see TV-Banner support and additional Viewtypes.

I noticed that pressing the info-button while playing a movie, we can see the movie info and a cover, but both of that are too small.
It would enhance the viewing experience, if the fonts could get a little bit larger. Big Grin

BTW: Is there a rls date for the next rls of this skin ?

Greetz
Ubuntuf4n
When are we expecting a new release on this? It's been 3 months after all...
Mac Mini 2.2ghz, OS X Version 10.6, Elipsis
Apple TV + Broadcom CrystalHD, Confluence (for now!)
mcai3db3 Wrote:When are we expecting a new release on this? It's been 3 months after all...

... First of all, doesn't matter how long its been. Skinning is a hobby for all involved. We don't get paid to do this, we have to fit it in around our jobs and our lives.

Secondly, did you not notice the topic ABOVE this one, the sticky? Do you not know about our website: http://www.teamblackbolt.co.uk ? As we released an updated version on the 7th of march and its now available via the XBMC Skins SVN.
I think you can get the latest Build from the SVN.

Edit: post too late, see what blackbolt posted.
Blackbolt Wrote:... First of all, doesn't matter how long its been. Skinning is a hobby for all involved. We don't get paid to do this, we have to fit it in around our jobs and our lives.

Secondly, did you not notice the topic ABOVE this one, the sticky? Do you not know about our website: http://www.teamblackbolt.co.uk ? As we released an updated version on the 7th of march and its now available via the XBMC Skins SVN.

Haha, no I hadn't read the thread, as the thread title didn't mention it was a new release on the SVN.

Anyway, it's not like I asked after a week. It was 3 months. Hobby or not, you've released a product to the public, you're going to get asked about this kinda stuff and I was far from abusive, so deal with it.

P.S. I am thankful for the work btw, will try out the SVN version tonight!
Mac Mini 2.2ghz, OS X Version 10.6, Elipsis
Apple TV + Broadcom CrystalHD, Confluence (for now!)
I can not get 1.2 to work with my xbox, but 1.0 or 1.1 used to work. Does anyone have a backup of these versions that will share? Thank you.
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ellipsis Beta One - Released Friday 4th December 20090