Alpha Version Broke My Library?
Question 
I made the mistake of trying out the latest alpha without backing up my library. The problems I have experienced in the current stable release (9.04) aren't fixed in the alpha so I reverted back to the stable version (until a final release of 9.11 comes out).

However, now 9.04 isn't working properly. When I try to go to my Movies or TV shows source, it tells me the paths don't exist. Nothing has changed. All the files are exactly where they were before I tried the alpha. I've tried recreating the source and that doesn't help. It simply tells me the path doesn't exist.

If I launch the alpha version, it works--although some movies and tv shows are missing from the library. When I launch 9.04 again, it tells me the paths don't exist (the same paths that just worked using the alpha).

I didn't make a back up of my library before I tried the alpha so I'm thinking I may be SOL. Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this without recreating the entire library?

Thanks

XBMC 9.04
Mac OS X 10.5.8
Dual 2 GHz Power Mac G5
Run alpha2.

Export your library to XML.

Run babylon or whatever.

Import your library from XML.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

That appears to have worked.

THANKS! Smile
476429 Wrote:I made the mistake of trying out the latest alpha without backing up my library. The problems I have experienced in the current stable release (9.04) aren't fixed in the alpha so I reverted back to the stable version (until a final release of 9.11 comes out).

If you experience problem, you should report them (except if there are already existing trac tickets) otherwise they probably won't be fixed in 9.11...
xbmc.log: /Users/<username>/Library/Logs/xbmc.log
Yes, I have reported them. DTS audio will not play at all in XBMC 9.04 PPC on my Power Mac G5 Dual 2 GHz. Also using "digital" for audio output doesn't work either. With DTS, there's just no sound. Switching from "analog" to "digital" for sound output alternates between silence and noise regardless of the files audio encoding.

When I posted and reported these several weeks ago, I was told they were already known problems.

Thanks
476429 Wrote:Yes, I have reported them. DTS audio will not play at all in XBMC 9.04 PPC on my Power Mac G5 Dual 2 GHz. Also using "digital" for audio output doesn't work either. With DTS, there's just no sound. Switching from "analog" to "digital" for sound output alternates between silence and noise regardless of the files audio encoding.

When I posted and reported these several weeks ago, I was told they were already known problems.

OK, sorry about that. I could have looked at your other posts Big Grin
Thanks anyway!
xbmc.log: /Users/<username>/Library/Logs/xbmc.log

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Alpha Version Broke My Library?0