Frozen Downloading TV shows
Help Please!

I tried downloading TV shows to my library and now it's just frozen. In the top right corner of XBMC it says:

"Downloading TV show information
Scanning for new content"

I left it running a long time and it's not doing anything.
I force quit the application (numerous times), uninstalled the application (3 times), rebooted my macbook pro, all to no avail.

How can I get that message gone and have xbmc function properly again?

OSX Version: 10.5.8
Platform: MacBook Pro
Install Method: dmg
SVN Revision: XBMC 9.04.1 r20677
Detailed Instructions to Reproduce the Problem:
I was fooling around with different scrapers and am not sure of the last one that I picked but then I tried to scan for new content and it never stopped. I left if running for hours with no luck.
Skin name: PM3.HD

Other things that may be useful:
System hardware specs (CPU 2.4, RAM 2gb)

architecture: i386

Thanks.
This MIGHT be attributed to a problem that one of the scraper sites was experiencing (starting yesterday I think)...

Read last few pages of this thread: TheTVDB.com website down (thus the TheTVDB scraper do not work?)?

Or this thread: TheTVDB.com is down

Mods: Perhaps a temporary sticky in each platform support forum would be helpful until the TVDB issues get fully resolved.
davilla: "...then all will be clear and everyone will go "hollysh**, I can't believe this happened"
hmmm... thanks; that could be the problem.

I'm not even sure which scrapper I'd picked, though I know I was switching between a couple to see what would happen prior to this current problem I'm having.

In any case, how can i get xbmc to stop scanning? (Selecting Stop Scanning on the context menu only freezes xmbc for me.)

Thanks.
Ok, well thetvdb.com apparently is back up again, however this has not resolved my problem. I still have the same message appearing and it's preventing me from doing much within xbmc.

Any other ideas, please?
Even though it's back up, they still have to rebuild the database. According to this page they still have about 7k to do. It seems to be going fairly quickly, though, so maybe we'll be back at %100 today.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frozen Downloading TV shows0