getting the Tvheadend share to be visible in Library
Hey everyone,

I'm running 9.11alpha2 with the HTS-TVheadend backend.

When i choose 'Videos' from the main menu it goes straight into library mode
which is good. The only problem is that the TVheadend share doesnt show in this list, so i have to turn library mode off and go to file view to be able to see the share.

Just wondering if there is and option to show some of the shares in library mode.

Cheers

Darren
Hey Darren,

I don't think it's possible to show file shares (which is basically how a TVheadend share gets treated) mixed in with the library mode - I stand to be corrected though...

What I have done to make Live TV viewing as quick and painless as possible, is to choose a skin (Mediastream Redux) that launches Movies and TV Shows into the library but Videos into file listings by default - I'm guessing you're using PM3.HD maybe which launches the Videos button into library mode by default.

I have also set the Live TV button on my remote to jump straight to the TVheadend channel listing (you need to play with the entries in keymap.xml and lircmap.xml in your userdata folder).

And I just found out today that for your TVheadend share source, if you use "htsp://your.tvheadend.ip:9982/tags/0" instead of "htsp://your.tvheadend.ip:9982", it will jump straight to the channel listing when you click the source (or press the remote button for that source)

If you're not sure how to edit the keymap.xml and lircmap.xml files let me know and I'll post up my changes tomorrow - the wiki probably has the info you need though...

Cheers,
Adam.
Yup, that is right.. We don't display file shares in library mode. Improvements for tv playback has sort of been put on hold untill pvr branch get's merged.. (if ever)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
getting the Tvheadend share to be visible in Library0