PS3 BD Remote problem with XBMC Live 9.11 Alpha2
Hey

I've read through several forum threads, googled, tried everything but still don't seem to get to the next step of making my ps3 BD remote work with XBMC Live 9.11 A2.

I've followed the procedure in thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=60713 and every thing is just dandy. Things go bad when i need to verify that i get signal from my remote using irw /dev/lircd (Step 8 in the above link) ... I get NOTHING...

The dongle seems to react to remote control key presses, as it blinks for every keypress..

Last but not least i must also admit that im a newbie when it comes to linux distro's, so keep your answers on a modest level :-)

Realy hope that someone can help me out

Thx Dennis T. Holm
I finally got some input using irw .. looks fine and i was on the brinck of opening a beer and start celebrating.

I did this...

deleted /var/run/lirc/lircd.pid

and ran this:

/etc/init.d/bluetooth stop
/usr/local/bin/bdremoteng -a <HW ADDRESS> -p 8888 -t 20 &
/usr/sbin/lircd -H null --connect 127.0.0.1:8888
/etc/init.d/bluetooth start

now irw gives me input from the remote ..

afterwards i placed Lircmap.xml and Keymap.xml in the correct folders and rebooted the whole thing...

Returning to XBMC after reboot was disappointing. NO control at all using my PS3 BD remote. Went to console to test if irw gives me input when using remote. .. IT DID NOT ...

What is wrong .. ? .. im desperate .. Smile
SUCCESS

I finally found a way to make this work, with a little help from a friend who's more into GNU/Linux distro's ... So here's what was missing to make it work ...

added this to /etc/rc.local

if [ -f /var/run/lirc/lircd.pid ]; then rm /var/run/lirc/lircd.pid; fi;
/etc/init.d/bluetooth stop
sleep 1
/usr/local/bin/bdremoteng -a 00:21:4f:b2:c2:14 -p 8888 -t 20 &
sleep 1
/usr/sbin/lircd -H null --connect 127.0.0.1:8888
sleep 1
/etc/init.d/bluetooth start

exit 0

AND IT WORKS .... I LOVE IT

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help