Recently Aired Episode list
While the 'Recently Added Episode' list is generally useful. Adding a full season of most TV shows tends to blow it out. While I don't expect an option to add a block of shows without getting into the 'Recently Added' it be nice to have a list of 'Recently Aired'

I took a look at the code, and know it's probably not as simple as one new function, since while the db does contain aired date, the dbview that the 'Recently added' pulls against does not.
Surely the episodeview contains that detail?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I kind of like the idea of this feature too. There is lots of times when i've added old shows to the library, or updated my library and then miss the ability to have a list of new shows.

If we could add the originally aired date to the db, then the recently added list would be able to show the recently aired items. Not sure if all scrapers have this, but certainly thetvdb includes this info.
It should be already there. There is nothing stopping this as far as I can see - you should be able to generate a "recently aired" smartplaylist for instance.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Perhaps you can enlighten me or point me towards better documentation: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Smart_playli..._Playlists

That doesn't seem to reference "air date" as a field in smart play lists.
I've looked into using a smart playlist for this in the past and it was a no go as it didn't expose the original air date. I assumed that it was stored in the db.

I've just checked alpha 2 to make sure that nothing has changed, and still can't see how this could be done with a smart playlist. Can you confirm.

Cheers
So I played around with this, and I have something close to what I'm looking for.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="episodes">
    <name>Recently Aired</name>
    <match>all</match>
    <rule field="playcount" operator="is">0</rule>
    <limit>25</limit>
    <order direction="descending">airdate</order>
</smartplaylist>

Dependent of course on the scraper your using having 'airdate' which TheTVDB does provide. I have one show that I've needed to use an alternate scraper to get show info that doesn't seem to provide, and the system sets it to a default of 1969-12-31 (epoch-1)
karrde Wrote:So I played around with this, and I have something close to what I'm looking for.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="episodes">
    <name>Recently Aired</name>
    <match>all</match>
    <rule field="playcount" operator="is">0</rule>
    <limit>25</limit>
    <order direction="descending">airdate</order>
</smartplaylist>

Dependent of course on the scraper your using having 'airdate' which TheTVDB does provide. I have one show that I've needed to use an alternate scraper to get show info that doesn't seem to provide, and the system sets it to a default of 1969-12-31 (epoch-1)

I have added that playlist and it seems to work partially, the problem is it does filter out the last 25 air episodes but when it displays them on the screen its sorted by Series name.

so if there are two episodes of 30 Rock, on 1st and 7th and two episodes of the Office on 2nd and 8th it shows

Office (8th)
Office (2nd)
30 Rock (7th)
30 Rock (1st)
kay.one Wrote:I have added that playlist and it seems to work partially, the problem is it does filter out the last 25 air episodes but when it displays them on the screen its sorted by Series name.

so if there are two episodes of 30 Rock, on 1st and 7th and two episodes of the Office on 2nd and 8th it shows

Office (8th)
Office (2nd)
30 Rock (7th)
30 Rock (1st)

Well just like any other list in XBMC it has it's own sort option. Go to the left of the screen and sort by Date instead of Series.
For that to work, you probably have to have sort by "playlist"

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recently Aired Episode list0