Problems scanning library, getting wrong movie
I am obviously doing something wrong, but I have read the wiki and I think I'm missing something. I have most of my library stored as VOB's in VIDEO_TS folders. So, my library looks something like:
SciFiAndFantasy
-Pans Labyrinth
--VIDEO_TS
--AUDIO_TS
-The Two Towers
--VIDEO_TS
etc

So, if I add a source, set the content as movies and pick IMDB and then have it scan, xbmc thinks that 'Pans Labyrinth' is the terrible movie 'Labyrinth' with David Bowie. Ouch. So, I read about .nfo files and figure that will help me solve it. So, I create a 'Pans Labyrinth.nfo' file, delete the database file from the file system, restart XBMC, repeat the process of setting the content and every time it rescans it still thinks that it is 'Labyrinth'. I have tried putting the '.nfo' file in the VIDEO_TS folder, the 'Pans Labyrinth' folder and right in the 'SciFiFantasy' folder. I have also tried with each position selecting and not selecting the 'use folder names' option when setting the content.

Here is all the content of the .nfo file:

Code:
<movie>
    <title>Pans Labyrinth</title>
    <runtime>199 min.</runtime>
</movie>
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0457430/

I assume that I am missing something simple here, but for the life of me I can't figure out what. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris
I scanned this movie in last night, I had to rename it to El laberinto del fauno (2006) That is what it is in imdb as, as it is a foreign film
1. Labyrinth is a classic, though I agree Pan's Labyrinth is much better. Wink
2. Name the nfo file "VIDEO_TS.nfo" and put it next to the VIDEO_TS.IFO file.
3. Alternative is just "refresh" on the video (from movie information) and pick the correct title.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall, you rule. The trick was renaming the file to be VIDEO_TS.nfo You may be thinking to yourself that I'm a nitwit for not knowing that I had to name it that way, but it never would have occurred to me in a million years. Thanks so much. You have no idea how much frustration you have saved me!

And for that, I will stop saying that 'Labyrinth' was terrible.

Chris
Heh, glad you got it working Smile
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems scanning library, getting wrong movie0