Unable to play move with multiple disks
My video library consists of (for the most part) movies ripped to VOB's. In the case of long movies, I have two different directories full of VOB's. For example, The Return of the King. I have directories like this:
The Return Of The King-DVD1
-VIDEO_TS
--VIDEO_TS.nfo
--VIDEO_TS.IFO
The Return Of The King-DVD2
-VIDEO_TS
--VIDEO_TS.nfo
--VIDEO_TS.IFO

The nfo for the two different folders is the same, pointing at the same place in the IMDB database.

Code:
<movie>
    <title>The Return of the King</title>
    <runtime>124 min.</runtime>
    <set>The Lord of The Rings</set>
    <sorttitle>lotr6</sorttitle>
</movie>
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0167260/

So, I scan the folders and then go into my library and I see a single entry for The Return of the King. When I try to play it, I get an error (i.e. it doesn't play). Before I log this as a bug, I wanted to make sure that I'm not doing something stupid. Should the <title> in each nfo be different so that they show up as separate movies (not my ideal scenario)? Is it even possible for me to do this with the library view? From everything I have read, this should be a slam dunk, but obviously I am missing something. Thanks to anyone who cares to point me in the right direction.

Chris
The Debug Log will probably show you what is going on.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks for the tip. I put my log here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/zzcymh0mwyg/xbmc.log in case anyone might be able to look at it. I can't make much sense of it, but I notice that it tells me that my movie is unplayable. As a test, I use DVDAssist and I am able to play both movies in Front Row. I don't know if that is an 'apples to apples' test, but at least the mac dvd player can play those files. Thanks jmarshall and anyone else who can help with this.
First step would be to try playing them one at a time from file mode.

Also, just a tip for next time - post your log to pastebin.com or similar - it means folk can view it immediately.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Thanks for your help looking at this. Here is the link to the log in pastebin from when I just tried to play the movie in 'library' mode: http://pastebin.com/m75e5b5f1

Then, I switched to 'file' mode and just went into the directory to play the movie directly. That just crashed xbmc. It was repeatable that it crashed for disk1 and disk2. The log in pastebin is here: http://pastebin.com/d4d90d703

Thanks again for your help looking at this.

Chris
I suggest you try Alpha 2 of Camelot (or wait till tomorrow and grab the Beta)

Lots and lots has been fixed since April.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Ok, I turned off 'generate thumbnail for videos without them' and then I was able to play each video via 'file' mode. Still can't play it via 'Library' mode.

Thanks,
Chris
Posting at the same time... Thanks for the tip. I'll play some more tomorrow. I'm assuming that there aren't any issues with the fact that I'm still on Tiger (and have no plans to upgrade to Leopard).

Chris
Today (Saturday) I grabbed alpha 2 and I'm happy with it. One, the picture quality of all my videos improved. Many movies had random lines and pixilation that are now gone. The 'set' tag in nfo files does something now and movies with multiple disks can now be played. Thanks to all involved...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to play move with multiple disks0