[MAC] - Alpha 2 and Mediastream don't seem to work that great
I just updated to Alpha 2 last night to see what was new, I am considering reverting back though due to the following issues. Leopard, not snow leopard.
  • pressing play/pause on the apple remote just pauses the video, not bringing up the usual control bar which has fast forward controls and the speaker button along with other extra buttons. This pretty much makes it uncontrollable with just the apple remote. Moving the mouse cursor on screen causes the control bar to pop up.
  • no sound in the menus as you move around - no biggie

Is it worth trying the redux plugin or something. Just want it to be controllable as it was before with the apple remote.

Anyone else encountered these kind of problems? How did you get over it?

Cheers
Hold play/pause for the menu. Same as menus elsewhere.

And guisounds are back with Beta 1 (along with a fancy new skin). See the homepage and enjoy Smile

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

thanks, if thats the case i don't know why i forgot that :/

I did also notice that i heard audible chirping in the music of a show i was watching, i'll have to check to see if it was in the file or not, more than likely i guess.

Cheers
Well I've updated to the latest RC1 and still am unable to bring up this menu.

For some reason the holding play button is not working, i do use remote buddy, could it be blocking the hold play action somehow? Is there a new xbmc remote buddy behaviour i should be using?

Cheers
As a quick fix i've borrowed the fix described in here

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=63132

though it seems out of date, i had to edit the file called joystick.AppleRemote.xml instead of appleremote.xml as described in that post.

I'd love to have pause and hold for the menu, but as i've said it just doesn't work for me at the moment.

Cheers

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MAC] - Alpha 2 and Mediastream don't seem to work that great0