System Info Button in Shutdown menu (see PM3.HD)
Hi,

one thing i liked about PM3.HD was the "System Info" Button that appeared next to "Shutdown, Suspend, Reboot" etc.
It shows sys info and xbmc buildnumbers. I have not found this in Confluence. Did i overlook it, or have you not included a similar "feature"?
Hit 'right' on the 'System' item in the main menu. You'll find System Info there.

TheUni
these damn sub-blades will be the end of me Wink
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I can't find it either but I think it is better to be put under System->System->Hardware then on the shutdown menu ..

Shouldn't menu name be "Settings" instead of "System" ?
The normal XBMC log IS NOT a debug log, to enable debug logging you must toggle it on under XBMC Settings - System or in advancedsettings.xml. Use XBMC Debug Log Addon to retrieve it.
Press RIGHT from System. See why it's not labelled "Settings" Smile

We had quite the debate prior to release as to the naming Wink

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

theuni Wrote:Hit 'right' on the 'System' item in the main menu. You'll find System Info there.

TheUni

Yup found it thanks but it isn't that obvious. Maybe the arrow icon should be lit up( change color to blue ) when "System" menu is selected.
The normal XBMC log IS NOT a debug log, to enable debug logging you must toggle it on under XBMC Settings - System or in advancedsettings.xml. Use XBMC Debug Log Addon to retrieve it.
It was there in redux and i think it was there in mediastream.
And yeah, system makes more sense. Filemanager, profiles and system info aren't settings.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
The arrow is there only if there is a submenu. The key is to keep it subtle so it doesn't overly steal focus while also making it obvious that there's something there. It's a fine balance - perhaps it's too subtle at the moment?

It's hard to tell, as when you know it's there, it doesn't matter how subtle it is from that point on!

Cheers,
Jonathan

Couple minor things I spotted:

1) Pictures doesn't have right menu yet music does ?
2) Why is screenshot folder in debugging ?
2) Under Appearance-Settings->Screensaver ... If I set screensaver mode to off, it should disable screensaver time as well but it doesn't .. Also order should be reversed .. Screensaver mode should be first ..
jmarshall Wrote:The arrow is there only if there is a submenu. The key is to keep it subtle so it doesn't overly steal focus while also making it obvious that there's something there. It's a fine balance - perhaps it's too subtle at the moment?

It's hard to tell, as when you know it's there, it doesn't matter how subtle it is from that point on!

Cheers,
Jonathan

Arrow icon looks be grey which indicates that it is disabled. Something other than grey prehaps ?
1. As there's no submenus to be had (no libraries or anything there).
2. As that's what they're used for 99% of the time. "Take a screenshot of the problem".
3. Off should be on the timer not on the mode IMO. Will take a looksee.

Note that 2 and 3 have nothing to do with the skin, so feel free to discuss further elsewhere.

Cheers,
Jonathan

CrashX Wrote:Couple minor things I spotted:

1) Pictures doesn't have right menu yet music does ?
2) Why is screenshot folder in debugging ?
2) Under Appearance-Settings->Screensaver ... If I set screensaver mode to off, it should disable screensaver time as well but it doesn't .. Also order should be reversed .. Screensaver mode should be first ..

Don't threadjack. If you would like to discuss these things, open a new thread.

TheUni
Sorry will open up a new thread.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
System Info Button in Shutdown menu (see PM3.HD)0