Shoudn't it be ordered as ( Most used first ):

Video
Music
Pictures
Weather
Programs
Scripts
System

Also would it be better if under Programs we have submenu Scripts ?
The normal XBMC log IS NOT a debug log, to enable debug logging you must toggle it on under XBMC Settings - System or in advancedsettings.xml. Use XBMC Debug Log Addon to retrieve it.
It is. The focused item is the middle, thus we fan out left and right from the most used.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Set "Startup window" to Videos and the menu will focus there Smile
jmarshall Wrote:It is. The focused item is the middle, thus we fan out left and right from the most used.
^^ what he said

blittan Wrote:Set "Startup window" to Videos and the menu will focus there Smile
SAY WHAT !! o_O
Perhaps a feature in which you can set the order yourself
Thats really not as easy as it sounds Smile isamu.dragon about the onyl way I wouldn't think it would work would be to make people manually build themenu and all links from it (would require knowledge of xbmc internal linking) or get someone to write a python script that actually changes the home.xml file the order that the items are written in it

but if you went with the option in the first post

Video
Music
Pictures
Weather
Programs
Scripts
System

The first button to be highlighted on startup would be Weather and it would take you 3 clicks to get to watch your videos.
The middle one has focus
it would also be nice if the main/sub options where alpha sorted
Jezz_X Wrote:Thats really not as easy as it sounds Smile isamu.dragon about the onyl way I wouldn't think it would work would be to make people manually build themenu and all links from it (would require knowledge of xbmc internal linking) or get someone to write a python script that actually changes the home.xml file the order that the items are written in it

but if you went with the option in the first post

Video
Music
Pictures
Weather
Programs
Scripts
System

The first button to be highlighted on startup would be Weather and it would take you 3 clicks to get to watch your videos.
The middle one has focus

Why not make Video the first button highlighted with the order I suggested ?
The normal XBMC log IS NOT a debug log, to enable debug logging you must toggle it on under XBMC Settings - System or in advancedsettings.xml. Use XBMC Debug Log Addon to retrieve it.
ooh ooh, I know, order it numerically based on the doubled 2nd decimal place of the square root of the numerical sum of all the letters of the menu item
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
Personally, I think the way it's ordered right now makes the most sense. The downside to ordering it how you want, CrashX, is that it takes more clicks to get down to system, scripts or programs. I think it's nice to have the Home menu have a centered feel to it (so 3 clicks to the top or 3 to the bottom).

rwparris2 - I think you have a good idea there, and maybe I'm just nitpicking, but wouldn't it make more sense to just use every other letter of each menu item as opposed to all of them in your numerical summation? I think the added gain in resolution from using each letter won't be worth the trade-off of the required additional computations.
Have a question? First try the XBMC online-manual and FAQ. Also: How to submit a debug log
I take it back now I am beginning to understand how it will be more easier to navigate ...

Maybe you guys can convince me how the Win7 GUI is more user friendly than XP GUI WinkWink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Menu Order0