[Tutorial] Using Weather Fanart
Thank you so much for this quick tutorial!

I just installed the final version of XBMC Camelot and followed your tutorial and the weather fanart is awesome !!!

Thanks again !!!
Just an FYI, I've updated the weather pack, fixing and adding various things. You can download it in the thread Jezz linked to in the first post (not the direct download link)
timdog82001 Wrote:Just an FYI, I've updated the weather pack, fixing and adding various things. You can download it in the thread Jezz linked to in the first post (not the direct download link)

Thanks timdog82001 I took the direct link out of the first post and just left the link to your thread (you deserve full credit) Cool
This is awesome -thank you!
Trying to get this to work but for some reason its only showing the fanart in the weather screen and not on the homescreen when weather is highlighted, an ideas how I can fix that?

For some reason it works fine on customizable confluence but on stock confluence the fanart will only show up inside the weather screen
hrmm think I might of actually removed it from the new horizontal home menu
is it hard to add it?
Alexx Wrote:Trying to get this to work but for some reason its only showing the fanart in the weather screen and not on the homescreen when weather is highlighted, an ideas how I can fix that?

For some reason it works fine on customizable confluence but on stock confluence the fanart will only show up inside the weather screen

Ditto.

Any advice on how one might get this working?... Huh
𝕗𝕒𝕀π•₯π••π•¦π•žπ•‘
ⒽⓉⓅⒸ Intel NUC 5i5RYK | Win10 | Kodi 18.nightly | GΠ―iD 2.3.5
β“ƒβ’Άβ“ˆ Synology DiskStation | DSM 6.2 | AverMedia A835 USB Dual DVB-T Tuner | TvHeadend 4.x
Here's what you need to do to add back the weather conditions fan art on the home screen. Note that this requires modifying the default Confluence theme, so you might consider making a copy of the theme, renaming it, and putting it in your addons folder. You still need to follow the tutorial in the first post to tell Confluence to use the fan art and where it is. If you were using this with the Dharma version of Confluence, you might not have to do anything more than replacing the code below, as I think the settings are preserved..

Find Home.xml in the 720p folder and open it.

Starting at line 587 you want to replace this:
Code:
<item id="7">
    <label>8</label>
    <onclick>ActivateWindow(Weather)</onclick>
    <icon>special://skin/backgrounds/weather.jpg</icon>
    <thumb>$INFO[Skin.String(Home_Custom_Back_Weather_Folder)]</thumb>
    <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoWeatherButton) + !IsEmpty(Weather.Plugin)</visible>
</item>

with this:

Code:
<item id="7">
    <label>8</label>
    <thumb>$INFO[Skin.String(Home_Custom_Back_Weather_Folder)]</thumb>
    <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoWeatherButton) + !IsEmpty(Weather.Plugin)</visible>
    <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(ShowWeatherFanart) | IsEmpty(Skin.String(WeatherFanartDir))</visible>
</item>
<item id="7">
    <label>8</label>
    <thumb>$INFO[Skin.String(WeatherFanartDir)]$INFO[Weather.FanartCode]</thumb>
    <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoWeatherButton)</visible>
    <visible>Skin.HasSetting(ShowWeatherFanart) + !IsEmpty(Skin.String(WeatherFanartDir))</visible>
</item>
It would be nice to have this added back to the new Confluence before Eden ships, but I understand that there are priorities...
Thanks!!!
I'm in pre frodo and downloaded the images set it up and they cycle but dont show no where near the amount it should, how do you get this setup to display the correct fanart for a specific weather condition?

uNi
Anyone?

uNi
If you did not change the fanartcodes inside the folder, it should be fine
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
Didnt change anything, its not "fine" It cycles through a few images but they are related to time of day or seem to rather than time of day + weather condition.

* un1versal shrugs

uNi
I'm fairly certain that there's no way for it to match time of day without also matching weather, so that's probably just a coincidence. Which images are showing up though? Just a select few, like 8 or 9 different images? Take a look at the images in the root of the folder. Is it the same as those? Also, what have the reported weather conditions been when you've been when you've noticed this behavior? Generally the same, or pretty variable? If the same, what was the exact reported weather? e.g., "Cloudy" or "Cloudy/Snow-Rain Mix" or "Clear"

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Tutorial] Using Weather Fanart0